Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: etsy people again - sorry about all the questions

etsy people again - sorry about all the questions

Ok - thanks to all the people who formerly answered the etsy questions but I have one more. I have spent a lot of time trying to get set up and such but I still can't seem to find a good answer for how I get paid. I realize that you register for paypal and stuff but exactly how do you get paid when an item sells. I guess more specifically, does paypal just put money on a credit card or do they actually send you a check or money order or something. Thanks so much again in advance.
    Michelle

Blog Entries
    Got to paypal.com and read up on how you get the payment. You can link your paypal account to your bank account.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    Auntpiggylpn is right to say you can link in to your bank accounts. Worth the read
    It all about the Journey!! Enjoy It

I have mine set up that I can transfer the money into my bank acct. Usually, I just leave it in paypal and use that for my sewing spending. You can request a check, but there is a fee. I can't remember how much it is.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

You have to pay taxes according to your state correct? Unlike ebay.
    Last edited by deedum; 01-16-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    You have to pay taxes according to your state correct? Unlike ebay.

Why would you think etsy and ebay are different regarding taxes? The same rules apply no matter where you're selling.

Quote Originally Posted by coldquilter View Post
    Ok - thanks to all the people who formerly answered the etsy questions but I have one more. I have spent a lot of time trying to get set up and such but I still can't seem to find a good answer for how I get paid. I realize that you register for paypal and stuff but exactly how do you get paid when an item sells. I guess more specifically, does paypal just put money on a credit card or do they actually send you a check or money order or something. Thanks so much again in advance.
    I have a paypal debit card. But generally you can pay for things with your paypal account and spend your money that way.

Buyers on etsy pay directly into your paypal account. and paypal takes their fee directly out of this account. Etsy only uses paypal. You can have this account tied to your checking account or credit card. You can transfer out money from paypal to your bank anytime on line but it takes several days to get to your bank account. You can also transfere money INTO your paypal account but that to takes several days to get into you PP account but of course it comes immediately out of your bank account or CC. Paypal sends you a email stating that money has been deposited into your account so this is one way that you knbow that you have had a sale.