Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ever have a glorious day?

Ever have a glorious day?

Unexpectedly I had to pick my 6 year old grandson up from school today. His school is half way across the city, so I decided we'd check out "new" fabric stores on the way to his house, which is on the other side of the city! Visited a Joann's I hadn't been to, and thanks to QuiltnNan here on the board, I checked out Mill End Textiles. The best part?? IT IS LESS THAN A BLOCK FROM WHERE MY GRANDSON LIVES!!! I have driven past it dozens, possibly hundreds of times, and never "saw" it. Had a great time there, and came away with 16 different fabrics that I had to have! Thank you so much for the info Nancy! I got to see my Grandson, and found a great store to shop in...what a glorious day!!

How wonderful! Better you than me, because I have cut back on fabric acquisitions and switched to men's shirts for scrappy quilting. Enjoy your wonderful find!

Wonderful, love those unexpected joys!!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad to know that I was helpful. And what a wonderful bonus to to two things that you love on the same trip!!!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Sounds like a great day!!!

Wow it really was a glorious day for you! It made me smile

I love the Mill Ends stores, which town did you go to? I like the one in Burnsville , and Crystal is nice too.

Went to the store on White Bear Avenue, just south of Maplewood! Will have to checck out the two you mentioned!

Glorious day #2

Today was a repeat of yesterday, so I again had to pick grandson up. Another stop at the fabric store! More fabric purchased. Glad I didn't commit to not buying fabric! I'm actually collecting fabric for a Farmer's Wives Quilt...got the book for Christmas. Saw many beautiful examples of that quilt on this board...I can only HOPE mine comes out nearly as good!

Good for you. Just seeing my grands makes for a great day all the time. Enjoy!