Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
ever used Cuddle Bubble fabric? >

ever used Cuddle Bubble fabric?

ever used Cuddle Bubble fabric?

Old 11-11-2013, 01:58 PM

Default ever used Cuddle Bubble fabric?

I purchased some baby quilt fabric today at Hancock's called "Cuddle Bubble".....soooo soft ...polyester, I believe. Just wondering if anyone has ever quilted on this?? My DGD wants this as backing for her baby's quilt. I have a longarm. Will this be too stretchy? Need your input before I start anything with it. thanks
Old 11-11-2013, 03:29 PM

Do a search here on the board for quilting with Minky. I have used it a couple of times and I think spray basting is definately the way to go!! Here's a link to cluck cluck sew and what she observed when using Minky. http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2012/11...ith-minky.html
Old 11-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

I've backed a number of quilts with it- it quilts up nicely. just remember to 'smooth' don't stretch (one direction is stretchier than the other direction- so check to see which direction- I generally have the most stretch loaded on the long arm frame side to side- so it doesn't stretch so much while rolling on the bars.) use a new needle, loosen the top tension just a tad- I love quilting with all of the different textures of minkie- the bubbles is my youngest granddaughter's favorite
Old 11-11-2013, 03:44 PM

I have used it on several grandkids' quilts without any problems. I used my regular Quilters Dream cotton batting and pin basted as usual. It really makes a cozy quilt. Didn't notice any stiffness at all. I have used Minky from LQS and Joanne's. I do FMQ on my DSM so can't answer about a long arm machine. It can be stretchy when cutting but has more stretch on one direction of the fabric than the other, can't remember which way now, but you can tell when you start working with it. Good luck, your grand baby will love it.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:30 PM

If it is true Cuddle by ShannoN Fabrics, it is different. The good thing is that the dimples are not as deep which makes quilting easier.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:00 AM

Thanks, everyone for your suggestions regarding "Cuddle Bubble"....I'm not sure if I will try to hand quilt it, or give it a try on my longarm.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:04 AM
Banned

My LAQer has me put a 4 inch border of cotton fabric around the minky. I am assuming this helps it from stretching while she is doing the quilting.