Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ever wonder why did I buy that?

You are not alone.Our tastes change as time goes by.I have a lot of the-what was I thinking -fabric
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Yup. More than once. I figure that fabric goes into gift quilts or donation quilts. It isn't that the fabric is horribly ugly, just not my taste once I find it again.

Cheers, K

Yep, and it's just not fabric. I've bought notions that are still in the package that I've never used.

" For me, it's like going to my sizeable closet and never having the right thing to wear."

Me too. I really, really like each fabric when I buy it, but rarely do I find all the coordinates I need for a project in my stash. I wish I could just buy everything for one project at a time, complete the project, and then repeat that sequence. However, the magazines come out with new designs, or I see a new tutorial here I need to buy fabric for and my stash grows! And interests change. And fabric style changes.
    Betsy in MA

When I look at them now my first and only thought is "Pot Holder" - not that they ever get to go there, because I could not bear looking at them that long. A couple of years ago we had a swap 'your ugliest fat quarter'. I got rid of a few and could not believe that the pretty ones I got in exchange were deemed ugly by anyone! Thank goodness tast differs. Still have a few uglies in stock, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2