Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: For every door that closes, another one opens......

Central Florida

Smile For every door that closes, another one opens......

I guess this saying is quite true. I went to my LQS in Lakeland, Florida, The Patchwork Pig, this morning to find a sign on the door that said the owner is retiring. All fabric was $5 per yard and all notions/books/patterns/kits, etc were 50% off. I had not planned to shop to that extent - nor was I in the mood after hearing this sad news, but, nevertheless - we force ourselves when we must.....so I did.

On a brighter note, the ladies who work there have another opportunity because another LQS from a nearby town, Heartfelt Quilting, is opening a second location in Lakeland! One of the ladies told me she had spoken to the owner this morning.

So it looks like I won't have to split my time between the two shops and the most wonderful staff will still be around for me to see each time I go in! PLUS, I got so much backing and fabrics today that I had not planned on getting - my stash basically doubled today.......and I think I might go back again......

Reno, Nv
    Good for you jan! I really hate it when a lqs closes. It is almost like losing a good friend.

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Clearwater, FL
    Congrats on your new stash of fabric - would love to see some pics of what you got.
    Although it is always sad to hear that a LQS is closing - I am glad that you will have a new LQS coming into your area.

Lake Elsinore, CA
    "we force ourselves when we must.....so I did."

LOL - what a great excuse for shopping.

I have been to the Patchwork Pig. It was a cute store.....loved the building that they were in. When visiting family, I came across the store. Sorry to hear the store closing....hope the owner has a happy retirement!

Enjoy your new stash and I am glad the staff found new place to work.
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

New York
    Blog Entries
    How wonderful to be able to deal with the same people. Always delightfull being able to take advantage of a bargain. Congrats on doubling your stash. Now is the time to load up on backing fabrics.
    Helen T.

Have fun with your new fabric stash!! I went to our Wal-mart this evening and was really surprised to find lots of new bolts of fabric and a few of them were LQS quality, soft and thick and really pretty. Others were not quite that nice, but still not bad material. Fun to pick a few pieces up.

selmer tn
    how much do they still have are did u buy the out love that store my have to come ssee them befor its all gone live up the road from lakeland

Northern Indiana
    Jan did they say when the store was closing? I'm heading down there on the 15th. I love both of those stores. Granny's Attic was a good one to but they've been closed for a long time. I was planning on visiting them they are soo nice there! Becky

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast