Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
everyones work >

everyones work

everyones work

Old 08-31-2010, 08:38 AM

Just wanted to say that even tho' I didnt comment on each quilt today, I was amazed at how beautiful they all were. You all do such excellent work!! You all inspire me to try getting back into sewing agin, but I doubt I can ever make anything as pretty as I saw today. I have started cutting out pieces for a baby quilt, and that is going very slowly. I have arthritis in my thumbs and cutting is very painful, but I knoew that many of you are having the same pain, yet you produce beautiful quilts, so I will keep trying. I am trying to get the hang of using the rotary cutter, it looked so easy, but it sure is dificult to grasp. Bless everyone on this board, you all have become good friends, and made my days filled with joy.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Just wanted to say that even tho' I didnt comment on each quilt today, I was amazed at how beautiful they all were. You all do such excellent work!! You all inspire me to try getting back into sewing agin, but I doubt I can ever make anything as pretty as I saw today. I have started cutting out pieces for a baby quilt, and that is going very slowly. I have arthritis in my thumbs and cutting is very painful, but I knoew that many of you are having the same pain, yet you produce beautiful quilts, so I will keep trying. I am trying to get the hang of using the rotary cutter, it looked so easy, but it sure is dificult to grasp. Bless everyone on this board, you all have become good friends, and made my days filled with joy.
I don't comment on every quilt I see, or I would never get anything done. They are all beautiful and they give my some very good ideas too.
I have arthritis, or the beginning stages of it. I told my doctor, if it ever freezes up I am going to panic. Because not only do I use my right thumb on a daily basis, it is also my mouse button for playing video games. :P
Old 08-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

Carol , I agree there are some very beautiful quilts here, too many to comment on every one , but I do so enjoy seeing them all :mrgreen:

Just keep working at your own pace and soon you will be posting your own beautiful quilts for us to enjoy :thumbup:
Old 08-31-2010, 08:46 AM

Carol,

Check out the new rotary cutters. It seems like they have some with different type handles. Perhaps the newer ones will be easier for you to use. I am so sorry that you have that pain. I thank God that HE blessed me with good health and I don't have any issues. I pray that if I do have any problems that HE gives me the strength and faith I need to accept HIS will.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:47 AM

Go to a local quilt shop........they will show you how to use a rotary cutter. Once you get the hang of it, you will wonder how you ever got along with out it!! :wink: Good Luck!!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

Carol, You are one of my favorite people on the board!!! You always have something nice to say to everyone. And I love your shares, especially the one about the roses. Oh that was beautiful!
We'll talk more when I get to your pool hahahaha I know, better hurry up lol
I thought maybe if you bought some charm packs, jelly rolls etc??
They are lots of fun to work with and no/not much cutting.
HUGS
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 AM

Hi, Carol. I'm in the same boat with the thumbs. The one thing (and the hardest) that keeps me going is to keep moving. It hurts when I do, but it's worse if I take a day or so off and start in again. My dr told me take ibuprophen before I start and then each 6 hrs after. It seems to help some. Keep up the posts though. You always have such nice things to say!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 AM

You'd better hurry Susan, the pool is open another two weeks!And thank you for the compliments everyone. It is very easy to say nice things to all of you. I've thought about the pre-cuts, but right now I am using leftover scraps from clothing I made for my first granddaughter, for the most part, each piece has to be cut separate. I'll get it done, it isn't in my nature to give up because of pain, or anything else. And since there aren"T any babies on the way, or even planned for yet, I've got plenty of time.

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Carol, You are one of my favorite people on the board!!! You always have something nice to say to everyone. And I love your shares, especially the one about the roses. Oh that was beautiful!
We'll talk more when I get to your pool hahahaha I know, better hurry up lol
I thought maybe if you bought some charm packs, jelly rolls etc??
They are lots of fun to work with and no/not much cutting.
HUGS
Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM

Carol,
Hopefully your experience will be like mine...I also have arthritis in my thumbs. I can't remember how long it was that they were so painful, but things calmed down with them. They still hurt from time to time, but never like they used to....Good luck! :thumbup: :-D
Old 08-31-2010, 11:26 AM

Wishing you good luck on your quilt and I hope your thumbs ease up for you and your not in so much pain.