Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Evolution Serger Opinions

Evolution Serger Opinions

I am an owner of an older Babylock Imagine serger which works fine and I do love. However, I am so tempted by the Evolution. Anyone out their that traded up? Would love to know what you think...is it worth it? Also, anyone know the approximate price on one?

The new machines or the older Evolution? The Evolution is a nice machine. It has one big drawback in my book. The foot is absolutely too big. I have the Imagine, too. I bought it for the smaller foot. I do doll clothes, etc. on it.
    I also have the separate cover stitch which does use the same feet as the Evolution. There is a nice selection of feet.

I too have the Imagine and was also thinking about trading up. Would be interested in other thoughts on this subject.

Blog Entries
    I was just looking at this one yesterday because right now our local dealer has them a 0 financing (it may be nationwide, don't know). They have several that have air threading. My serger is close to 30 yrs old and I haven't used it in such a long time but I can't afford to buy another one currently unless it was a used one and then I'd still want the air threading. Here is a website where you can compare several models; hope it helps
    http://www.babylock.com/sergers/compare/?ID=BLE8W-2
    Judy

Go take whatever you prefer to serge and get/do a demo. Make sure they explain the cover stitch.
    The jet air threading is great.