Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Excellent service!

Excellent service!

Earlier in the year I joined a BOM with Keepsake Quilting for a quilt pattern named TAOS. It has been a trial for me because I'm rather a newbie but the fabric is gorgeous. It seems that KQ has had a terrible time getting the fabric and no longer have any left. Naturally, I make a mistake in my cutting and needed more fabric so they told me to try Robert Kaufman. I emailed RK and have received numerous return emails from Sandie, the Service Manager, offering suggestions and actually sending me fabric to see if it was what I needed. It wasn't sadly, but I had sent swatches of my fabric to her and she thinks she found it on a web site! The web is sending me a swatch so I can only hope. Sandie went out of her way to help me in a friendly manner. She didn't have to go to all the trouble for me but she did. I will always look to Robert Kaufman fabric first because of her kindness. As always, a little kindness goes a long way!
    Leslie

Blog Entries
    WOW - that is great service - above and beyond - hope you do find what you are looking for.
    Nikki in MO

I agree, a little kindness goes a long way. Glad that Sandie went above and beyond for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by morforles View Post
    Earlier in the year I joined a BOM with Keepsake Quilting for a quilt pattern named TAOS. It has been a trial for me because I'm rather a newbie but the fabric is gorgeous. It seems that KQ has had a terrible time getting the fabric and no longer have any left. Naturally, I make a mistake in my cutting and needed more fabric so they told me to try Robert Kaufman. I emailed RK and have received numerous return emails from Sandie, the Service Manager, offering suggestions and actually sending me fabric to see if it was what I needed. It wasn't sadly, but I had sent swatches of my fabric to her and she thinks she found it on a web site! The web is sending me a swatch so I can only hope. Sandie went out of her way to help me in a friendly manner. She didn't have to go to all the trouble for me but she did. I will always look to Robert Kaufman fabric first because of her kindness. As always, a little kindness goes a long way!
    Leslie
    Robert Kaufman is awesome! I had purchased 2 identical quilt kits from an online quilt shop but the kits came pre made from Robert Kaufman. I was shorted the same fabric in both kits. I contacted the online shop and they didn't have anymore of the fabric but suggested that I contact Robert Kaufman. I did and their customer service was out of this world. They actually sent me 2 yards of the fabric I needed (only 1/2 yard was required for each kit) and because I was trying to get these done for Christmas and it was the end of November, they over nighted the fabric to me - At absolutely NO COST to me! The really have great customer service perfected!!! I have always been a fan of Robert Kaufman fabrics because of their quality but their customer service has insured I will always look at RK fabrics first!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

So glad you got such good service. Just a thought if you still need to locate post "in search of " section of this board.

I've always had good service from KQ but never to that extreme. It's good to know if I ever experience a real problem like yours.

Thanks so much for posting about your experience - it's always good to know about companies who care about their customers.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Very Good to know. I hope they can find what you need.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    It's awesome RK was so helpful! It helps that many of the personnel at these places are also sewers and quilters....they "get" us!!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Thank you Lori! Silly me, I never thought of that!!

Leslie