Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Exciting news! >

Exciting news!

Exciting news!

Old 10-27-2014, 06:20 PM

Default Exciting news!

A few months ago my long arm quilter was contacted by a writer for Machine Quilting Unlimited magazine. She, Margaret Solomon Gunn, wanted to use a photo of a quilt I made in the magazine for the Nov/Dec issue. I just received a copy of the magazine in the mail and her article is "Sashings that Unite" (pgs 36-43). A section of my quilt "For Love of Country" is one of the quilts she uses to illustrate her topic.

My long arm quilter for this quilt is Laura Jansen. Laura does amazing work. On occasion, I splurge for her custom LAQ'ing and it's so special to see how she creates quilting designs to complement each quilt. It's nice to see something I made in a magazine!

A photo is in my gallery -- it's red/white/blue. Hopefully, the photo quality is better than what came up when I tried to view it after uploading.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:22 PM

Way to go! seeing a quilt that you made in a magazine would be fun for sure!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:45 PM

How very cool. Your quilt is lovely. Did you make if for Quilts of Valor?
Old 10-28-2014, 04:12 AM
Power Poster

That is exciting news! Congrats.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:56 AM

Congratulations! I think it would be a thrill to see one's own quilt in a magazine. (I have tried in vain to find your gallery; I'm not too adept at the technical aspects of the board.)
Old 10-28-2014, 07:16 AM

WOW! That would be a thrill for sure! Congratulations and hope it happens over and over again!!!
Old 10-28-2014, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by love to sew View Post
How very cool. Your quilt is lovely. Did you make if for Quilts of Valor?
I made the quilt for my niece and her husband. Almost immediately after they married, he went off to Afghanistan for 3 tours while she completed college and became a large animal veterinarian, setting up her own mobile vet business after she completed her program. During this time, they moved twice to where her husband was transferred, though he was away for the most part. They're so focused and committed to carrying out what they set out to do I made this special quilt for them. The LAQ was custom work and gained the interest of a writer for the magazine who asked to use a photo for her article.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:59 PM

If you click on a quilter's name and get their page up, there may be an 'album' posted where you click on the photo frame and pull up photos that have been uploaded. I just have a few quilts on mine, the first one being the most recent (this quilt that is published in the magazine). However, the photo is very small and lower quality, so you can't see the LAQ'ing detail!
Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Congratulations! I think it would be a thrill to see one's own quilt in a magazine. (I have tried in vain to find your gallery; I'm not too adept at the technical aspects of the board.)
Old 10-28-2014, 05:03 PM

Wow, that's awesome. I can view your quilts just fine. Nice gallery. You are very talented. Your long armer just enhanced your work of art. Very nice. Congrats on being featured!
Old 10-28-2014, 07:01 PM

Congratuilations on having a picture of your quilt published. I reviewed your album and I found all your quilts to be awesome. I do love the red/white/blue one at the end of the pictures. Is this the one that was published?