Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Exhausted and yet content! >

Exhausted and yet content!

Exhausted and yet content!

Old 12-30-2012, 04:01 PM

Smile Exhausted and yet content!

I had two big blue ziplock bags, you know the really big ones full of scraps! I have manage to narrow it down to one. well truth be told, I have another one in the attic, but that doesn't count cuz it is not sitting in my sewing room looking at me. So I have spent the weekend,Among other things, cutting strips, pressing, big ones little ones and all kinds of noodles. I have baskets full of strips, and I managed to make many strip blocks along the way. Also cleaned up my sewing room, made labels and organized my cupboards, cleaned the drawers out. not all the way done with that but mostly. Made alterations to a coat and hemmed a pair of slacks. Made 4 crocheted hangers (gift) and sewn up 6 cosy shawls for the nursing home/hospitals. Very pleased with my progress, back to work tomorrow. I just had to share my progress because I don't get many days like that!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Congrats to you, im startingfor christmas..i mean we know its coming, right. Now, just gotta clean that room.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:17 PM

Wow. My to do list for 2013 is shorter than what you just accomplished
Old 12-30-2012, 05:00 PM

Ive been purging all day. I have two of those shopping bags from Marshall's filled with scraps and misc yardage that I know I will never ever use. I donate my unwanted fabric to a friend who teaches 4 H kids to sew. They make charity quilts all year long. Since I never have time to sew for charity...i feel like I am doing my part. That corner in my sewing room looks almost bare! Love this time of year...time off to do this.
Sandy
Old 12-30-2012, 05:17 PM

Yep, I do admit that I don't mind this time of the year so much. My dh gets bored with being inside. Great time to catch up on some things though . I was on a roll today for sure. Just felt good to get something accomplished! Secretly, I am looking forward to a good old fashioned snow day! Providing I am at home and not work.

Last edited by deedum; 12-30-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:22 PM

Dang, deedum!! I'm impressed!! Just think of what you can accomplish in 2013! You go, girl!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:23 PM

All that would make me feel wonderful too! I keep thinking of all I need to do in my sewing room but just don't seem to have the energy. I did get several quilts finished before Christmas for gifts. So, maybe my body is just saying I need a rest. Just so many quilts I would like to make. Mary M
Old 12-30-2012, 05:24 PM

Sounds like you did a great lot of work. Got a lot of things done, that is great. Here I have been sitting with my computer dead, I just got it back, and sick with a bad bug. Haven't got one thing done. Hoping to fix that in a few days. Happy New Year.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM

Great going!! That is a great way to start the new year. I have some things I want to do but no energy -- hope to get the energy back soon. I spent most of the summer organizing and the pre-Christmas sewing turned everything into a disaster again.

Sewbeadit I hope you are feeling better soon. It is rough to be sick over the holidays. Take care.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 PM

Good going. I hope to tackle part of my sewing room on Tuesday. It needs some attention.