Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Experience with Fiskars Precision Knife

Experience with Fiskars Precision Knife

Met a woman at the Sewing Expo today who was very excited about finding the Fiskars Precision Knife at a vendor's booth. She had seen it used in a video on McCall's Quilting. I have tried searching through Google & cannot find any videos of this tool. It sounds wonderful in theory, especially for cutting out appliqué patterns. I'm hoping someone on this board has used one and can give me feedback.
    Thanks
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

Have not used one but it is shown on fiskars web site---www2.fiskars.com---and is called Fingertip Detail Knife--has replaceable blades and is only about $5.00. Haven't looked for a video but bet there will be one soon.

I went to the Fiskars sight first. The one they show is more like an exacto knife. The precision knife is battery powered and the blade spins.
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

This one actually says Precision Knife, but I don't think there's a battery, or a spinning blade. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiskars-Prec...item53f1a440c1