Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Explain, please >

Explain, please

Explain, please

Old 10-11-2009, 03:38 PM

Am behind times. What is an 'I Spy' quilt?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

I spy........ years ago there was a game I spy you know I spy a lamp and the child would point to the lamp in the room or I spy a red car when you were out for a ride. An I spy quilt is kind of the same the fabrics have diffferent pictures on them from animals to cars or you could have one with different colors for a child to learn colors. Then they play the I spy game looking at the quilt. One person would say I spy a monkey and the child would have to find the monkey on the quilt or I spy a pink square. It is not only a comfy quilt it is a educational learning tool.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:51 PM

Thanks for the explaination! What a good idea. Just made a "doggie" quilt for a 6 yr. old gt. grandson. Will have to tell his Mother about the game.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:21 PM

I'm glad you asked. I had no idea what one was. What a great idea!
Old 10-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

If you haven't heard of the game before it goes....... I spy with my little eye something that is ....... pink and square........(Child) is it that doggie there? ...Adult ... nooo.... Child/ is it that square there? adult yes! Now it is your turn. THen the child or next player chooses something and repeats rhyme. You can give some vague clues and add to them as you go a long so it makes the game last a little longer if you like. I see something pink. and then they look and guess then you can add it has two buttons on it.... guess .....add it has two ears.... etc. Great way to keep kids occupied.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rhonda
If you haven't heard of the game before it goes....... I spy with my little eye something that is ....... pink and square........(Child) is it that doggie there? ...Adult ... nooo.... Child/ is it that square there? adult yes! Now it is your turn. THen the child or next player chooses something and repeats rhyme. You can give some vague clues and add to them as you go a long so it makes the game last a little longer if you like. I see something pink. and then they look and guess then you can add it has two buttons on it.... guess .....add it has two ears.... etc. Great way to keep kids occupied.
OMG I forgot about the rhyme sorry, my children are 24 and 26 i haven't played it in a verrrrrrrrry long time. this brought back so many wonderful memories my grandmother use to play it with my children and she always forgot the words. She would say I see ? or where is ? Granny is gone 13 1/2 years and I miss her everyday of my life.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

This has nothing to do with the I Spy quilts but when Jake (11)was little we used to take a large item like a wooden spoon and hide it and then he (3 or 4 yrs old then) would hunt that one item. Then he loved hiding it and having me look for it. This brings back memories and I think I will do this with my twins and Rachel. Hadn't thought about this game in a while. Great idea for something fun to do.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rhonda
This has nothing to do with the I Spy quilts but when Jake (11)was little we used to take a large item like a wooden spoon and hide it and then he (3 or 4 yrs old then) would hunt that one item. Then he loved hiding it and having me look for it. This brings back memories and I think I will do this with my twins and Rachel. Hadn't thought about this game in a while. Great idea for something fun to do.
Isn't it funny how one little thing someone posts on this forum brings back so many memories for others????? I love this place
Old 10-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Power Poster

I did enjoy thinking about the I Spy game! It is a great game in the car too. I love this board and the sharing that goes on here.