Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: EZ Trimmer- Do You Have One? Pros? Cons?

Blog Entries

EZ Trimmer- Do You Have One? Pros? Cons?

If you have one, is it easy to use while trimming threads from your quilt top? Is it easy to hold on to? I saw an ad for it , in the new Fons & Porter mag, and of course , think that I NEED it, lol. Here http://www.ez-trimmer.com/products-p.../ez-trimmer-3/
    Last edited by amazon; 01-25-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Deuteronomy 10:12-13

Blog Entries
    It's inexpensive so it would be handy to have around. I can see where it would be good to cut loose threads and not cut into the fabric. That is a major pain when that happens and sometimes impossible to repair.
    Got fabric?

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    i do have a similar tool but it is an eyebrow trimmer (wand) and comes 4 to a pkg for 1.99... from Noxema... their blue is on the pkg... from dollar stores and walmart and target in cosmetics dept...

I was just going to suggest the same thing. the eyebrow trimmer even has a handle so it is real easy to hold onto.
    @ Deemail - I guess great minds think alike!
    Arlene

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    seriously, i love these things... they just don't cut the fabric and are super seam rippers...

Blog Entries
    The eyebrow trimmers get dull very fast. After using to rip out a few seams it snags and I end up sawing through the threads. I bought the more expensive ones thinking they would be better quality and they got dull just as fast but had a better handle. LOL
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    The eyebrow trimmers get dull very fast. After using to rip out a few seams it snags and I end up sawing through the threads. I bought the more expensive ones thinking they would be better quality and they got dull just as fast but had a better handle. LOL
    Funny I have been using an eyebrow trimmer for many years and it just wore out. Maybe that's a sign I should get to sewing more!
    Last edited by sewmary; 01-26-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: adding info

This reminds me of the old hair trimmer that had 3 sides to that you raked through your hair for an at home hair cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by amazon View Post
    If you have one, is it easy to use while trimming threads from your quilt top? Is it easy to hold on to? I saw an ad for it , in the new Fons & Porter mag, and of course , think that I NEED it, lol. Here http://www.ez-trimmer.com/products-p.../ez-trimmer-3/
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.