Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabi? >

Fabi?

Fabi?

Old 10-16-2014, 02:21 AM

Default Fabi?

Went to a newly opened hobby lobby. Must admit had not been to one in quite awhile due to travel distance...this one is now close (20 miles).....anyway in the fabric dept I spotted a Sizzix machine called Fabi along with many dies.
I have a GO bit since the freeze on die prices I have not purchased as many as I would like to. These dies were reasonable prices...anyway the machine was $119.99 and dies varied, but average seemed to be about $29.99. Saw I few I might like. Does anyone here have one? Like it? But, like Joann's the coupon does not apply to die machines nor dies.......
Old 10-16-2014, 03:58 AM

Me again...just did some research on Sizzix between this Fabi and big shot.....I don't see any difference, except price on amazon anyway ......so, I think I will order the Big Shot from amazon.....
Old 10-16-2014, 04:27 AM

The Hobby Lobby in my area accepts coupons for the dies. I only wish they would carry more of a variety.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:25 AM

I asked Sizzix itself. There is no difference besides color between Fabi, Big Shot and Big Kick. I own the original Big Kick and am using the quilt dies.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:08 PM

I asked the company too and was told the same thing. So I ordered a big shot for less than the Fabi since they are basically the same just different color!
Old 11-26-2014, 06:28 PM

Hi, I just bought myself a Fabi a few days ago and so far am pretty happy with it.
My friend has the accuquilt GoBaby....are the dies for these 2 machines interchangeable???

(sorry if I am not posting this in the right thread..but just this minute joined this Group)
Old 11-27-2014, 01:09 AM

I just bought a Big Shot as it came with the multi-purpose platform which meant I could use it for other crafts. The Big Shot was cheaper than the Fabi also. I've also tested cutting fabric with the cheaper card dies (though you can only cut 1 layer of fabric with those dies and you have to use a shim). I'm having a great time with it and it's good value for money.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:50 AM

Yes, I understand you can use GO dies on Sizzix cutters, but a shim might be needed.....

Just ordered a few more Sizzix dies from their site...sale......

I also see 20% off at accuquilt......