Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Bargain >

Fabric Bargain

Fabric Bargain

Old 08-19-2010, 03:33 PM

I bought five yds of 100% cotton fabric at WalMart for 1.00 a yd.They were on the bolt and each had five yds for five.I bought four bolts! OH how I wish I had a way of posting the pictures!!!

It is excellent fabric, thick and can't see through it I am so HAPPY!!!!! :D

I would have gotten more but the rest were made from different fabrics.They had already been picked over. I sure wish I had gotten there sooner :-D
Old 08-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Good for you. Our wm won't do those bolt sales. They say they tried once and it didn't go over very well.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:35 PM

The lady there said they didn't know they were getting it in.I keep watching to see if they get more!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:47 PM

Buyer beware... A lot of that fabric at Walmart for $5 a bolt is NOT 100% cotton. It has a nice hand, but I wonder how it will launder and hold up in a quilt. Be sure to read the label on the end of the bolt!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by SHayes
Buyer beware... A lot of that fabric at Walmart for $5 a bolt is NOT 100% cotton. It has a nice hand, but I wonder how it will launder and hold up in a quilt. Be sure to read the label on the end of the bolt!
Yes I realize that and I did look at the end of the bolt it has 100% cotton and it washed and ironed nicely!!The other bolts had assoretd fabrics written on the bolts end so I left it.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:01 AM

Just wish I could find a Walmart with fabric. The one near me now only stocks crochet and knitting products. Virginia

Originally Posted by Berta48
I bought five yds of 100% cotton fabric at WalMart for 1.00 a yd.They were on the bolt and each had five yds for five.I bought four bolts! OH how I wish I had a way of posting the pictures!!!

It is excellent fabric, thick and can't see through it I am so HAPPY!!!!! :D

I would have gotten more but the rest were made from different fabrics.They had already been picked over. I sure wish I had gotten there sooner :-D
Old 08-20-2010, 11:57 AM

Yes it is a shame.We are a smaller country community but our town only has one quilt store so I am thankful for our WalMart.

If they stop selling it here I would have to drive about and hour and half to get to a Jo Anns or Hobby Lobby etc.

I haven't ventured into buying fabric off the internet because of the shipping prices and not being able to feel the fabric..But I suppose shipping is figured into the selling prices in the stores.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:17 PM

I have had very good experience buying online from http://www.aaaquilterssupply.com/index.html

You can see from their "Home page" that if you buy over $100 worth of fabric the shipping is free. It works, I live in Alaska and they've shipped to me several times for free for my purchase over $100.

Also, their customer service is wonderful. Selection is a little limited sometimes, but they have great sales. I can vouch for them shipping top-quality fabric and free shipping over $100.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:21 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Good for you. Our wm won't do those bolt sales. They say they tried once and it didn't go over very well.
Our WM still has stacks of them from the first time they tried to sell them. Mostly white, off-white and tan. Very few of them are cotton. They have marked them down to $4 a bolt and still can't sell them.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:01 PM

I am sure happy I found mine when I did.The end of the bolt has 100% cotton on it and as I said it washes up nicely.
Someone may have just put it there by accident I don't know but I got three bolts and LOVE IT!!!