Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: fabric bolt boards - where to get them?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Does anyone know where I can order some of those cardboard bolt things to store fabric on?

The sister of one of the members sells them on ebay. Here is the link:

http://stores.ebay.com/GwimpyLous

I got all my cardboard bolts from Walmart, Joanns, and the local quilt shops I shop at. I empty a lot of bolts when I shop, I see no point in just buying 3 yds. and leaving a lonely couple of yards on the bolt. Most of the time, if I ask for the cardboard bolt I just emptied, they give it to me. Sometimes I spot empty cardboard sitting behind the cashier station and I ask them if I can have it.

JoAnn's also throws theirs away. They have them behind the cutting counter. Just ask and they'll give you as many as you want. I walked out one day with 15 of them. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    here i am again, the odd man out.

i used to store my fabrics on open shelves. it looks so pretty that way and it's so easy to "shop my stash". however i gave that up a few years ago. i got tired of dusting my fabrics and of the yellowing or fading at the folds.

instead, i now store mine in stacking sets of clearish plastic drawers. i can see what i have; less exposure to the elements.
    the drawers cost less than shelving; i can store googobs more in the same space.

just my two-cents before i dash off to the saltmines.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    here i am again, the odd man out.

i used to store my fabrics on open shelves. it looks so pretty that way and it's so easy to "shop my stash". however i gave that up a few years ago. i got tired of dusting my fabrics and of the yellowing or fading at the folds.

instead, i now store mine in stacking sets of clearish plastic drawers. i can see what i have; less exposure to the elements.
    the drawers cost less than shelving; i can store googobs more in the same space.

just my two-cents before i dash off to the saltmines.
    looks great. someday mine will look this good

Emputy Cardboard Fabric Bolts

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Does anyone know where I can order some of those cardboard bolt things to store fabric on? I have some fabric that I have yards and yards of, so would really like to store it like a fabric store would. I've also seen pics of some people's sewing rooms here and they have what look like 1/2 length ones that they store fabric on. So where do I get these and what are they called? I tried Googling, but I guess I'm just not using the right wording to find anything. Thanks!
    I have several available. Please contact me,

John

I have several. Please contact me,

John

I would always ask my local quilt store for them and they were overjoyed with getting rid of them. Too bad you are not in Southern California becuase I am taking them to the recycle place because I am moving into a smaller place. I would store fabrics that had at least 2.5 yards.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Just a suggestion: If one is going to the trouble of storing their fabric on these holders, why not apply a qty on the end and if you use off it, adjust the quantity. It is my plan.

I have over 100 cardboard fabric bolts. I am going to place them on craigslist. It would be too expensive to ship them. I am going to sell them for .50 each. When I wanted them I would have paid that. I live in the Southern California Area if anyone is interested. (Palm Desert, CA). deblaquinta

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast