Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric.com >

Fabric.com

Fabric.com

Old 11-26-2013, 07:39 AM

Default Fabric.com

Has anybody bought from them? There prices seem to be a little cheaper than other on-line fabric stores.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:42 AM
Power Poster

I have purchased from them and was very pleased.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:58 AM

I ordered from them, not terribly long ago. I received someone else's order and mine was sent who-knows-where. I returned that order (they sent a carrier, with label, etc.) but I never did receive what I had ordered, because it was then 'sold out.' Neither did they offer any compensation, for losing my order. They didn't even offer me a discount coupon or anything. That was my first order with them and I have no intention of ordering again. I prefer thousandsofbolts.com.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:01 AM

I have only ordered twice ever from the internet and both times were from fabric.com and received my fabrics very quickly and they were good quality. Living in BC I was a little worried about paying extra at the border, but never happened. I would certainly order from them again any time I could not find what I was looking for here.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:02 AM

I've had good luck with them.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

Same here! They actually lost my order and was out of the fabric. Took me forever to get my account credited. Never again. Very leery about ordering any material on line. Always something. Will just shop local. I take that back. Have had no problems ordering from MSQC.
Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
I ordered from them, not terribly long ago. I received someone else's order and mine was sent who-knows-where. I returned that order (they sent a carrier, with label, etc.) but I never did receive what I had ordered, because it was then 'sold out.' Neither did they offer any compensation, for losing my order. They didn't even offer me a discount coupon or anything. That was my first order with them and I have no intention of ordering again. I prefer thousandsofbolts.com.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:22 AM

I frequently order from them and am always pleased. They have a great selection of fabrics to chose from. And their site offers a design page where you can compare various combos of fabric. When measuring your fabric, they count 37" to the yard, just to be sure you always get enough. Also, free postage on orders $35 and more. If my order is short the $35, I add something to it to avoid postage and consider it a little bonus.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:23 AM

I have ordered few times from them. Quality has been excellent. If they are out of something they let you know and will still ship for free even if it brings order to less than $35.

Sorry to hear some of you have had problems.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:35 AM

FYI the free shipping doesn't include to Canada, but even with the UPS charge the price was reasonable for "us".
Old 11-26-2013, 08:36 AM

I've ordered from them multiple times. The first time was a little rough - they actually didn't process the order for 7 days. I was the squeaky wheel and got several discount codes from them for future purchases. They do carry the same lines, quality as my LQS, cuts are 37" to the yard. No complaints from me!
Amazon bought fabric.com in June 2008 - so if you find it on one, look on the other site for perhaps different pricing. They also have some different fabrics on the 2 sites.