Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: fabric cutters... ( something to cut squares)

Blog Entries

fabric cutters... ( something to cut squares)

I have a question about the accu cutters.. I am not even sure if that is what they are called. But do they actually cut squares of fabric for me? Sounds silly enough but do not have a clue. thanks so much Beth

Blog Entries
    here is their website: http://www.accucut.com/
    it explains what they are and what they can do for you
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the link. I know many have wondered about these.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

The accuquilt can cut a square for you IF you have the square die. I have several square dies.

Whereas the Alto's QuiltCut2 can help you cut a variety of sizes and shapes ... without paying more for the Accuquilt dies.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

That's over my budget limit. How many machines are there??? In diff price ranges??? Hold different dies?? I, too, wonder.

Voni

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    don't overlook the strip rulers...i have 2 that have grooves every half inch...i can do 8 layers of fabric at a time and can cut the width of the strip, turn ruler 90 deg and then cut all again at whatever size you choose, no dies to purchase for different sizes... one ruler 12 x 12 was $14 dollars years ago but i recently bought a 12 x 30 for $25 on sale... these are so handy for any size strip, and for easy bias strips that i would never spend the extra money...i don't do applique so i am not tempted by the specially shaped pieces, but you have to shop for your needs... i only mentioned these as you specifically asked about squares...

I have to say having really bad arthritis makes my accuquilt extremely useful for me. I have a small collection of dies that make cutting up fabric for a quilt go extremely quickly and what's neat about triangles and tumbler dies the tips are cut off so they match perfectly. Love to share with friends! I have the die set that makes 12 1/2" finished blocks and a book that has designs with lots of great ideas with only those dies.

That being said I also would like the June tailor slotted ruler. Have borrowed my friends for the edges of fleece blankets.

Quote Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
    Whereas the Alto's QuiltCut2 can help you cut a variety of sizes and shapes ... without paying more for the Accuquilt dies.

ali
    A friend of mine has this as well - she loves it. I admit to Alto's envy. Saw one for sale on another board (sorry - not sure which one) a week or so ago for $100. They are about $200 new. I just use my regular rulers but have gotten a couple of spring clams to help hold the rulers and that does help tremendously.

Also check out the Sixxiz cutters as well (Sizzix.com). They may be a bit less expensive that the Accuquilt Go.