Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: fabric department at Walmarts

Blog Entries
    I was in Walmart this morning in the dressing room so I heard the saleslady outside the door talking to someone. She said that because they had had so many people griping about not having the fabric department, they had decided to put them back in. I asked her if that was true, she said they are putting it in right now and I should go back and see it. Sure enough, the department they took out about three years ago is being put back in. Much to the delight to the women who were working there. I guess the squeaking wheel gets the grease. Well done ladies.

Blog Entries
    Hope they all do!

Blog Entries
    Yippieh! :-P

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    Grandma Janice..I heard the same thing from the associate at our Wallys...they are still up and running but there have been rumors they were going to do away with the fabric dept. She said people were calling the 800 # to complain and it kept them open..so if any of you want yours back or don't want them to close it...call and voice your opinion..their toll free # is 1-800-walmart..I call to complain about the lack of cashiers alot of times...especially at the holidays or on the days of the month when people get their SS checks. It seems like you stand in line for a long time at our Wallys..the self check out ones always goof up on me so I won't use them at all...they are a pain to me..or maybe it's me? NAH..couldn't be me *L*

That is Great news for you... I was at walmart on Monday and picked up some white muslin for a small quilt I'm working on. And the Lady that helped me was Soooooo helpful!

Wish they would come back to my closest store.

Power of the People!

I wish they would do that at our Walmart (Macomb, MI)

Blog Entries
    i think the stores carry what sells the best in their neighborhood or what people ask for. our local store mixes paint where the larger store about 5 miles away does not. i'm going to be calling the 800# to ask for the fabric department to come back.

Blog Entries
    They are even installing a cutting table and I saw some of the big bolts of material they are putting in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast