Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric Dept coming to Wal-Mart near you

Blog Entries
    I was in the Muskogee OK. Wal-Mart talking to the Manger about the fabric dept. They are clearing a space for it as I speak. He said a lot of the Wal-Marts are re entering the fabric dept to try to boost their sales. Said to may sewers have complained & stop shopping there. I advised him of our quilting blog,our mass # of quilters on it how we talk about them. How a lot of us no longer browse Wal-Mart because all the fabric dept are gone he took a lot of notes said he had heard about our Blog @ a regional meeting they even had some of our comments .So watch for more fabric dept to re appear in your store hopefully . Will post again after it is set up.

Blog Entries
    It is so wonderful that our voices were finally heard by the higher ups at Walmart. Our Walmart looks like it may be getting a bunch of new fabrics in, probably fall/Halloween. I am excited because the prices aren't that bad and the quality so far has been very nice.

Im glad they finally listened.

Woooo....Hooooo..... :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    :) loving this :)

Quote Originally Posted by Enchanted Quilter
    he took a lot of notes said he had heard about our Blog @ a regional meeting they even had some of our comments .
    This is too funny! To think that corporate Walmart reads QB and takes notes on what people think here...

Of course, when I go back the states, I do look at Walmart for fabric and if they don't have any, the store just isn't very interesting anymore....so I leave.

I was so sad last time I went and most WM didn't have fabric. I've bought a LOT of fabric there that I really liked (and still like since I'm using it now).

Blog Entries
    Really glad to hear that. I was wondering if they would bring it back. I usually only go into Muskogee once a week with my daughter. She doesn't usually want to stop at Hancocks and Hobby Lobby is always closed because we go so late.

Thanks for posting this. By the way I live in Fort Gibson.

I wont shop at Walmart, no matter how low their prices. Their employee practices are outrageous and denigrating. Nothing is worth the price to participate in subjecting others to such treatment. And yes, work is voluntary... but so is eating. Signed: not a Walmart fan.

I was in one 20 mi from me 2 days ago & sad to say, it was much, much smaller than 6 mths ago or so!!!
    And the one closet to me is lots smaller too. Don't think their all the same, tho...

:thumbup: :thumbup:

They put fabric back into one of my Walmarts. I have been there several times and there is NEVER anyone in the dept to help with cutting. I don't think it would be self serve ? They have lost alot of money from me for the above reason. Disappointed. :?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast