Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fabric Find

What a deal. You were in the right place at the right time.

Great deal!!!! I am going to a town wide yard sale Sat. Maybe i will score too.

WOOHOO!!! I'm thinking we need to go play at your house! :)

Banned
    congrats....... great find

I am wondering what kind of auction sells bolts of fabric? Was his in someone's home or business?

Just saw your thread for the first time. Did you ever post pictures of the fabric?

My first thought was, Oh, the swaps you can do!

Last thing is about the auction itself. I've long wondered how it works. I've seen ads, but it sounds like you have to prove you have hundreds of dollars available before you can even bid. So is there some kind of registration/money verification process?

And how do you bid? How do you scratch your nose without the auctioneer thinking you're making a bid?

Oh, I am green with envy. What a great find.

DMcWilliams.....

No the auction is not in someone's home or business. It is an auction that people from all over come to. Some bring what they have instead of doing a yard sale and it just gets auctioned off. It could have been from an estate. There are all sorts of things at these auctions.....antiques, lawn mowers, old tools, clothes baskets......you name it, it is there. It is held in this area every wednesday. I don't go all the time, but would love to have some of the things they have there.

I have only been a few times, but that was the first time I have seen fabric there. What you pay is determined by how many people are there looking for that stuff. I got the sewing machine with cabinet for just $10 and that was a steal. I also got 6 huge laundry basket of wicker and they are nice and sturdy. along with them I got an outdoor wooden park bench for the yard. And I got the baskets and the bench for just $10... another steal.

I reupholster furniture and was bidding on some hose reels (3 of them) and I got them for just $10 along with alot of other things. I got a really nice wingback chair and a sofa with that lot.....and you guessed it, all for just $10. I wasn't really wanting the sofa and chair, but it is really nice furniture and since I do upholstery anyway, it was a great deal.

Barb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2