Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fabric Find

My daughter and I went to an auction yesterday. And low and behold we came across some fabric on bolts!! The great news........we got it for $10 and when we got home we divided it up. We each got about 100 yards!! The buy of the day!!! All cotton fabric too. So it was all good for quilting. Alot of calicos in it. At 5 cents a yard, I think we got a GREAT deal.

Mine is in the washing machine now. I am washing it according to the colors. I have five loads of washing to do. But the loads are not real full, but I don't want to add this to my stash until it was washed. And most of the bolts had 25 yards on them.

Now that made the day worthwhile. I also got a Kenmore sewing machine in the cabinet for just $10. The guy that owned it came to me after I bought it and told me that it was his and it runs very well. I haven't had time to check it out. I was so exhausted after being at the auction all day long.........left at 8am and returned home at 5pm. And the auction was still going on!!

Barb

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    That is AWESOME!!!! Great find!!!!

WOW you got a fantastic deal!!! What are you going to do with it all? Maybe you can show us some pictures of your great find?

Blog Entries
    What a great day for you and your daughter!!! 8) 8) 8) I wonder if that 5 cent a yard price was comparable to 1900???? Wouldn't it be fun to find out??? I would also love to see a picture of your awesome deal :D :D :D

SCORE! :thumbup:

Wow! That would be more than my little heart could handle! How exciting to find a deal like that. Like they said above me, show us pictures of your treasure! :lol:

Sounds like a great day! Photos of your new machine and fabric please, so I can drool all over the keyboard. :lol:

I am in the middle of washing all the fabric now.....once I get it done and folded I will take some pictures and post them.

I am tickled to death

Barb

Wow, that is sew neat! Now, where to put it until you decide what to sew with it! :lol:

Blog Entries
    That's Fantastic!! :D
    I am so envious!! :mrgreen:
    Sulabug,
    :D :D :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast