Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric and glitter >

Fabric and glitter

Fabric and glitter

Old 10-12-2011, 06:22 AM

I am trying to find out, how to get (a little) glitter on parts of my fabric. I have made a pumkin and just want a little glitter on it. Can any one tell me what kind of glue and glitter to get and how to use it? Thank you so much. What I have I find it going on to thick.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

you could use some spray adhesive- give your project a slight misting- then sprinkle with glitter and let dry-
Old 10-12-2011, 06:45 AM

They make a glitter glue that's all in one, all kinds of colors, and easy to use....you can use a good all-purpose glue (not water soluble)P, that dries clear, such as Aileen's...Place a thin layer of the glue down in the area you want to embellish, then sprinkle your loose glitter over the glued area, let it dry.......Check at your local craft store, the clerks should be able to help find a method that works best for what you are wanting to do...........Here in Florida, we have Joann's, Hobby Lobby or Michael's, to name a few major stores........Not sure if they are in Montana or not, but I'd be willing to bet you have something comparable....Post your pics when it's finished.....

:D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-12-2011, 07:21 AM

How do I keep it in a small area? We do have Hobby Lobby and Joanns, I could not live without them. lol Thank you for responding. I have heard they are a liquid glue, but can't find it.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:32 AM

I would use like a glue stick, that way you could be very precise as to where it goes...and or, put a glob of glue on wax papter and use a little paint brush....and then just sprinkle glitter on....
Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 AM

I've used iridescent paint with the writing tube from the craft dep't by putting it on a paper towel and using a small paintbrush, or you can green glitter paint on the greens, orange on the orange, etc. I can't remember the name - we used to use it on sweatshirts and leave it dimensional. Oh, Scribbles by Duncan was one brand.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by ssterchi99
How do I keep it in a small area? We do have Hobby Lobby and Joanns, I could not live without them. lol Thank you for responding. I have heard they are a liquid glue, but can't find it.
I've never done this on fabric but when I make greeting cards, I have (make myself) a little stencil - cut out the area where you want the glitter to stick. I lay the stencil on the card (fabric) then spray it or glue stick it or whatever method you chose - then sprinkle the glitter. Wait a few and then lift the stencil off.

It may work - it does on cards!