Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: fabric for little boys

Blog Entries
    you know the deal. just print and resize to suit your needs.

i was thinkin' .... (i know. always a dangerous thing. LOL) .... maybe you could leave enough space around each applique for the little fella to print its name using a permanent pen. he could "show off" how many he already recognizes and have some fun finding the names of any he doesn't.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    you know the deal. just print and resize to suit your needs.

i was thinkin' .... (i know. always a dangerous thing. LOL) .... maybe you could leave enough space around each applique for the little fella to print its name using a permanent pen. he could "show off" how many he already recognizes and have some fun finding the names of any he doesn't.
    That is a really good idea, Patrice. The truly personalized quilts seem to mean so much more when the recipient gets older.

Check out Thimblebug's quilts in the Lap Quilt forum....look for the one with trains---maybe an inspiration to you? (I have never pieced anything...I've embroidered and tied many baby "comforters"...I lurk here often)

Blog Entries
    The Calico Spice Shop has some nice fabrics for boys. the selection is small, but the fabric is nice and the prices are quite reasonable.

http://www.calicospiceshop.com/index.cfm/fa/categories.main/parentcat/20236/endrw/36

she has some NASCAR and Red Hat fabrics on sale, too

I'm not sure this is what you are looking for or not but I did find some truck fabric here:

http://www.jandofabrics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=car000285
    Big Dig Trucks Tossed Transportation: Car, Train, Airplane, Etc. Novelty Fabric - J & O Fabrics: Product Detail

There is alot more on that same site under the novelty fabric section....spend a little time searching it...you might find what you need if that one isn't it.

mrsjdt,please don't lurk! jump on in here and lets get aquainted! got pictures?

I think if you just make it bright and cheer filled any fabric can work, even for boys. It's more what you do with it. I loved the "Frog Pond" and think I'm going to try something like that for one of my nephews (on a smaller scale) and then do a bee quilt for the other nephew. If I could find paper pieced dinosaurs I'd probably do that.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do...

I made my grandson a denim jeans quilt with trains on it. It was fun and easy to make, I didn't use batting cuz the denim is heavy as it is, and backed it with flannel. He loves it, he's now 8 and I made it for him 4 years ago.

I'm trying to add a photo, don't know if it will show up or not, I've never done it here b4. If it doesn't show up....Maybe someone could tell me how to add a photo, LOL!

denim jean train quilt
    Name:  Attachment-4.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  55.2 KB

Oh wow, there it is, I guess I figured out how to add a photo! :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast