Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fabric Moratorium Crash and Burn >
  • Fabric Moratorium Crash and Burn

• Fabric Moratorium Crash and Burn

Old 02-26-2012, 05:04 PM

Congratulations on making it from November to February. I have had one blow out so far since the moratorium was called. Wasn't huge if 16 meters at 50% off can be called small. I figure at 50% off I actually only bought 8 meters. Well that is my math and I'm sticking by it.
    Old 02-26-2012, 05:13 PM

You go girl.....sometimes the fabric shouts out our names.....and we must comply!
    Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 AM

I've done very well, so far. I've only purchased one piece of fabric and that was about a yard of fabric with small crosses on it. I bought the end of the bolt which was only about a yard. When I said I couldn't pass it up the clerk said the fact that the scue was hand-written meant it's not something likely to be reordered.

Now, do we have anyone else on here that needs to start a beader's anonymous? I've gone crazy over beads on sale this year! Yesterday went to AC Moore to look for a specific kind of clasp. Didn't find it but hit a 50% off lowest price and got about $100 worth of pearls (all sizes and kinds) for $25! Needless to say, I did not need to go back for their moonlight madness 6-9 pm sale
    Old 02-27-2012, 11:39 AM

I'm still desperately trying to downsize to sell my home to be with my new found high school sweetheart from 50 + years ago. Fabric doesn't seen to sell here so may have a yard sale this summer! I will still have to look at 1000 bolts. Only trouble is, I like to feel the fabric..................
    Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 AM

I break my promise not to buy any more fabric at least twice a month lol!! So...you're a champ in my book for lasting that long! Have fun with it all.
    Old 02-27-2012, 02:03 PM

I didn't take into account the fact that there would be special projects I had to buy the fabric for at my BOM club. I haven't bought anything I am not using right now but I crashed and burned the 3rd week of January! Keep trying. LOL
    Old 02-27-2012, 06:25 PM

I dropped off the wagon only a few weeks after starting the moratorium so 4 months is great! I am also a beader, but haven't purchased any beads in a long while as I am trying to be good in one area of my life.lol That will probably end pretty soon as well! At least fabric comes in larger bags. You can spend 100$ at the bead shop and come out with a 5x5" bag!

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
    I've done very well, so far. I've only purchased one piece of fabric and that was about a yard of fabric with small crosses on it. I bought the end of the bolt which was only about a yard. When I said I couldn't pass it up the clerk said the fact that the scue was hand-written meant it's not something likely to be reordered.

Now, do we have anyone else on here that needs to start a beader's anonymous? I've gone crazy over beads on sale this year! Yesterday went to AC Moore to look for a specific kind of clasp. Didn't find it but hit a 50% off lowest price and got about $100 worth of pearls (all sizes and kinds) for $25! Needless to say, I did not need to go back for their moonlight madness 6-9 pm sale