Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Panels help >

Fabric Panels help

Fabric Panels help

Old 01-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Banned

I believe the word "panel" is misued. I suspect it is repeats and not panel. Repeats are usually 22"-24" and you will need the number of repeats the fractured cut requires. If there are 6 cuts then you will need 6 repeats. Get a clarification of the terms and buy accordingly.
And remember the "repeat" is only accurate down the side of the fabric. The same repeat on the other side may not be in the same registration as that down the length of the fabric.
This can be misleading as they may look the same. the other side can be used for another set of blocks.

Last edited by Holice; 01-21-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM

Here is a link to a tutorial for a fractured quilt, maybe this will give you an idea of the type of fabric to look for

http://sewlandia.blogspot.com/2012/0...-tutorial.html
Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the tutorial. I have never done one but have seen a couple completed ones. SHe is asking for 9 to 16 repeats is where I am confused. A friend told me she thinks one of the LQS, kinda far away, might be more familiar with the one we are doing. I have never been to this shop so i might take a trip there Saturday.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 AM

I hadn't seen this before. When I looked at the tutorial it hurt my eyes lol, made me feel dizzy. Then as it went on I thought how great this would be to do with a fish printed fabric. It looks , to me, as if things are under water and the ripples are going by.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 AM

I think they are referring to repeats in the pattern on the fabric and not an actual panel. I just did one and it had a 10" repeat in the fabric, and it took less than 3 yards.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:30 AM

Every day I get mad at myself for not quilting for as long as I spend on this board. But I learn so much! How can I not spend time here? I want to thank all of you for so generously sharing your time and knowledge. Now where is my sewing machine?