Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Picture Question >

Fabric Picture Question

Fabric Picture Question

Old 12-12-2009, 08:04 AM

I used Printed Treasures to make a T-shirt quilt for g'daughters graduation putting pictures from her high school years in the sashing. Luckily, a person asked me if the printing was "set"...said no. I then took a sample picture and soaked it in Bubble Jet and the picture completely faded away....looked more like a negative. Someone said it could be the printer I used (HP) but I have no luck in getting the pictures to be permanent. Any suggestions!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:12 AM

OMG..all I did was wait til the photo dried from the printer, then run cold water on it, do not wring it out, but set it to dry on a paper towel, then iron. That sets it so it won't run once its on your quilt. All sheets are different tho so follow the instructions carefully. Hope this helps..
Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 AM

Janedennis here is a couple of pictures I did for my mom and dads 50th wedding anniversary. I thought I would show it to you for ideas. I found the center birds in a magazine "Quilt It"
I changed it around and did my own pattern. The rest of it I just put together. I had the center together and showed it at the party and had everyone that showed sign a 4" square with a fabric pen. Then finished the quilt after I got more pictures from the party.
Everyone has posted the best photo fabrics.
Hope to see pictures when you get yours done.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-58489.jpe   attachment-58490.jpe  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:50 AM

OH MY!! Your quilt is awesome!!!! Did you put the photos over background fabic and then stitch around or did you sew them together? I was asked to make a wedding quilt for someone and have been trying to get ideas that a beginner can do...eek!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by kat13
OH MY!! Your quilt is awesome!!!! Did you put the photos over background fabic and then stitch around or did you sew them together? I was asked to make a wedding quilt for someone and have been trying to get ideas that a beginner can do...eek!
Thanks The main picture in the center was appliqued the rest of the pictures are stitched in just like regular fabric. I have some closer pictures here for ya. If you have any questions when you start give me a PM and I'll see if I can help. My mom and dad just treasure this and I'm glad I tackled it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-58492.jpe   attachment-58493.jpe   attachment-58494.jpe  
Old 12-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

I went to C.Jenkins website. Did I read correctly that on their printable fabric sheets you only have to iron, and do not have to soak them after printing? If so, that is awesome!!! I would rather not have to block them after printing :D:D:D Their prices are awesome too!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I went to C.Jenkins website. Did I read correctly that on their printable fabric sheets you only have to iron, and do not have to soak them after printing? If so, that is awesome!!! I would rather not have to block them after printing :D:D:D Their prices are awesome too!!!
I found that different brands have different directions. The ones I used you had to run under cold water and let dry then
iron.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

That quilt is amazing ! What a family treasure
Old 12-12-2009, 05:02 PM

Personally, I have found that Printed Treasures is the best! I get it at JoAnn's Fabric and Crafts. Not sure if you have that store? It has a blue and white front - right side says "Easy As 1-2-3, 2. 1. Print, 2. Dry 60 Seconds, 3. Peel, Ready to Sew. There are cheaper ones, but this one works great! Good luck! Char
Old 12-12-2009, 05:44 PM

Thanks everyone for the help, i will have to check out our joann's here in Ocala to see if they carry it but at least i know i can find it on line.