Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fabric Prices going up

I talked to a lady who worked in the fabric department at our local Walmart and she told me she had just placed an order for fabric and the cost had gone up 100%. Fabric prices are going up everywhere. Those of us on fixed incomes are going to have to shop for bargains...if there will be any.

that is crazy

Thankfully, I have been collecting fabric for the past yr and half, off craiglist and the flea market. Every once in a while I'll see a piece on here and splurge for myself. I am honestly putting myself on a fabric diet! It should be a sin for all I have. Once I get my sewing room rearrange and fabrics put out I will have to show pics, and lord knows I will still have totes full. Now I need to get thread.I have at least 22 large totes full of fabric and an old china cabinet full....like I said.....it is probably a sin!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    If I didn't buy another piece of fabric I would have enough till I'm about 200 lol

I think I have SABLE disease-Stash Accumilated Beyond Life Expectency, but I bought more at the sale today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slstitcher
    I think I have SABLE disease-Stash Accumilated Beyond Life Expectency, but I bought more at the sale today.
    Didn't you see me right behind you?!

Blog Entries
    I got lucky, I'd placed an order for some fabric through a webshop and they forgot to process my order. So I e-mailed them yesterday and they replied that the fabric I ordered is now on discount, so I get the discounted price :D

But yes, fabric is getting more expensive here too. *sigh* I don't have much of a stash as I only buy for projects, but I'm sure going to be paying more attention to discounts!

My mother always talked about how they used flour sacks and would cut up clothes that were too small to make clothes and quilts. Make me wonder if we are there again.

Quote Originally Posted by bjnicholson
    Quote Originally Posted by slstitcher
    Didn't you see me right behind you?!
    Yes, and I know you bought more than I did!

I think it is getting to that point! I work at Salvation Army, and sometimes we get some really nice fabric in. Try your local thrift stores, you may be suprized! Always a goodie hiding in there somewhere. :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast