Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fabric with Semi Trucks

My husband is a trucker and I want to make him a quilt for his bed in the big truck. I felt so bad for him the other day he came back from a trip to Georgia and said he froze his butt off sleeping in the truck. He had a blanket with him but it was not enough. I wish I could find some fabric with tractor trailer rigs on it. i have looked the past few times I have been in the quilt shops but have not seen any. Have any of you ever seen fabric like this? I am afraid to google it as the last time I was surfing looking for something like that I got a virus. what a shame that we can't use the internet as it was meant to be used because of goofballs creating viruses. Anyway, if anyone knows of a store that may carry something like that I might can order it. Got to make this ole Trucker something to keep him warm when he has to stay away from home. I had to laugh a little cause it is just starting to get cool and he already is cold. He has a long cold winter ahead of him...lol He is a Florida boy, what can I say....hope they don't send him any further north or he will freeze to death. Kind Regards Corry

Blog Entries
    Here is one I found at two different places... you can compare shipping fees :wink:

http://www.quiltknit.com/AH7209A-18-...y_p_10527.html

http://www.contemporarycloth.com/cgi...es=0&lastmenu=

quiltshops.com a good search engine for multiple shops

type in semi trucks or trucks

There is a really neat semi truck design by Pam Bono. The last I saw was on ebay. I'll look for you.

Here is the site for the pattern if you are interested. I'll keep checking ebay.

http://www.backdoorquiltshoppe.com/c...es=0&lastmenu=

Oh Amma, same ones!!LOL!

I am currently making a semi truck for my son,The above mentioned fabric is wonderful, the pics online does not do it justice. Buying enough of it for a quilt was over my buget so I just bought two yards. I am trying to design my own.There is a thread on this board that I started ,many of the ladies had such wonderful Ideas,I don't know how to direct you to the thread but I am sure someone else can.
    I also searched a while on etsy and ebay and found fabric with maps, road signs and highway on it to use . I got a large panel of a map of the USA I am going to use in the backing it is really nice.
    The Pam Bono quilt it really nice too,you can get it directly from her website, I was going to do it until I read some of the suggestions from the helpful members of this site.
    Rae

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corry
    My husband is a trucker and I want to make him a quilt for his bed in the big truck. I felt so bad for him the other day he came back from a trip to Georgia and said he froze his butt off sleeping in the truck. He had a blanket with him but it was not enough. I wish I could find some fabric with tractor trailer rigs on it. i have looked the past few times I have been in the quilt shops but have not seen any. Have any of you ever seen fabric like this? I am afraid to google it as the last time I was surfing looking for something like that I got a virus. what a shame that we can't use the internet as it was meant to be used because of goofballs creating viruses. Anyway, if anyone knows of a store that may carry something like that I might can order it. Got to make this ole Trucker something to keep him warm when he has to stay away from home. I had to laugh a little cause it is just starting to get cool and he already is cold. He has a long cold winter ahead of him...lol He is a Florida boy, what can I say....hope they don't send him any further north or he will freeze to death. Kind Regards Corry
    If you aren't able to get the trucker fabric; as a Florida Boy he would love to be under "Tropical" when he's sleeping in his truck in the snow. He may even need 2 quilts to control all kinds of cold. :lol: