Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric SHOPPING >

Fabric SHOPPING

Fabric SHOPPING

Old 03-27-2010, 12:37 PM

I had the best time shopping for fabrics yesterday in South Bend, IN. If you're anywhere near the area, you'll have to check out the 2 shops I stopped in.

The first was Erica's...they have an online store, too...YIPPEE! I purchased from them at a show last fall and have been meaning to stop by but you know how life gets in the way. Anyway, I bought a couple of kits in 30s and some FQs, too. Who could resist? They have other types of fabrics, tons of notions, books, and threads....and a couple of machines I wouldn't mind owning, either LOL.

The second was called Stitch 'n Time and I had a good time there as well. I've been on the hunt for the EZ quilting dresden template and couldn't find it locally. I saw it at JoAnns (online only) but then you have to pay shipping and it was becoming too costly. Found the same one here for less than half the price! OH YES! You know I love a good deal!! They had some harder to find prints, too so I'll definitely check it out again next trip.

I posted pictures of the fabrics on my blog and will show more detail as I work my way through them. They're going towards my Jane Stickle quilt.

Happy Quilting!! :D
Old 03-27-2010, 12:58 PM

I'm glad you had a good shopping trip! I'm originally from IN., but wasn't quilting at that time of my life. I have moved to FL.(last 5 yrs.) and have ordered from Erica's many times and was surprised to find out that it was located in IN. I've never had any problem with them and my next trip to IN., I'd like to shop in their store.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:02 PM

Let me know when you're going, dkabasketlady. I signed up on their mailing list. They had me as ordering online before but I've not recieved any newsletters or anything...hoping I get some coupons or sale day notices now---that I will take FULL advantage of, mind you LOL.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:11 PM

I am just going to have to plan a trip to Erica's soon.
If you get a chance Retro, the quilt show at the expo center (Sat. and Sun.) is pretty nice. Beautiful quilts and I got some new fabric, too.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:16 PM

You went today? I was thinking of going but my day got away from me. I heard that the owner of Stitch 'n Time is up here for it. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for bringin it up, mcdaniel023!!
Old 03-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

OK What Expo are you referring to ? Quilt show in my backyard and I don't know about it :roll:
I love Ericas :thumbup:
Old 03-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

WOW are those all fat quarters or did you get some yardage as well ? At Ericas did they have you sign up for the loyality program ?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: GREAT HAUL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 03-27-2010, 03:34 PM

Sharon, it is in Valpo. Retro, I think I bought fabric at that booth.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:06 PM

Did they have any 30s there, mcdaniel023?

Sharonb, Oh I know. LMAO I don't shop that often so when I do....LOOK OUT! LOL. I did get yardage, too but that didn't make it into the first set of pics. tee hee. Yes, there's more!!! I'm thinking about going tomorrow----if you feel like driving this way, let me know and we can meet up in my neck of the woods. I'm on the loyalty program, I think I was signed up for it in fall at the show in Crown Point.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:13 PM

I am kinda thinking they did. But I was looking for Civil War fq. (Not that I really needed them, I bought 50 on ebay on Friday).
If you go, check out the quilt with the kids on it and tell me how they did it. My dh was blown away by that one.
Not that I could ever do one. :roll:

I checked out that blog of yours. Nice. Really nice fabric. Beautiful quilt in the making.