Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Fabric Sorting

  1. #1
    Super Member moreland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Posts
    2,160
    I spent yesterday afternoon and evening sorting my fabrics. I pulled the pieces I felt pretty sure I was not going to be using and filled 3 large tubs in the process. I now have room in my shelves for the fabrics I do use. I'll be putting them in a garage sale (or something!) in the spring. We've been remodeling, so there are a lot of things to get rid of.

  2. #2
    Super Member raptureready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,305
    Or list them here maybe??????

    Like I need more fabric! I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

  3. #3
    Super Member sewwhat85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    6,739
    feel great to organize Yea

  4. #4
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,478
    Not long ago I got rid of a lot of fabric I knew I'd never use. Such a good feeling to organize and I haven't missed one piece! :D
    Good for you!!!

  5. #5
    Super Member raedar63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,022
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Or list them here maybe??????

    Like I need more fabric! I'm thinking of doing the same thing.
    hint,hint ;-) ;-)

  6. #6
    Super Member justflyingin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Jozefow, Poland
    Posts
    3,866
    Quote Originally Posted by moreland
    I spent yesterday afternoon and evening sorting my fabrics. I pulled the pieces I felt pretty sure I was not going to be using and filled 3 large tubs in the process. I now have room in my shelves for the fabrics I do use. I'll be putting them in a garage sale (or something!) in the spring. We've been remodeling, so there are a lot of things to get rid of.
    Garage sale them here!!!

  7. #7
    Super Member JenniePenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,867
    Good for you. It does feel good to organize and declutter our homes.

  8. #8
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    2,754
    Blog Entries
    9
    I agree with above comments. Put them in piles about the size of the $14.95 USPS flat rate box and I bet you will sell them all before you can say..."Is it spring yet?'

  9. #9
    Super Member moreland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    I agree with above comments. Put them in piles about the size of the $14.95 USPS flat rate box and I bet you will sell them all before you can say..."Is it spring yet?'
    I will think about it!! I had thought about it,but wasn't sure about shipping them. If I did that, do I tack on the shipping to the cost of the fabrics?

  10. #10
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    2,754
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by moreland
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    I agree with above comments. Put them in piles about the size of the $14.95 USPS flat rate box and I bet you will sell them all before you can say..."Is it spring yet?'
    I will think about it!! I had thought about it,but wasn't sure about shipping them. If I did that, do I tack on the shipping to the cost of the fabrics?
    Yes, be sure to add on the cost of shipping to the price you want for fabric. You might double check with p.o. on the price. I just took that off the top of my head and it may not be accurate. Say you want $20.00 for the pile of fabric- then you would say that you need $34.95 for the pile. Also, Paypal is a really easy way for folks to pay you but if you are the seller, like you would be, they charge a small fee so that is something to remember, too. But you get your money fairly quickly. Hope that helps.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.