Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric Storage

What is the best way to store your fabric if it is not going to be used right away?

Thanks in advance,

For my projects that I am working on for Christmas, I put all the fabric in one of those plastic zippered bags you get when you buy the "bed in a bag" set.

Otherwise my fabric is on shelves in my closet, or in plastic tubs with lids. I keep cut up squares (3" up to 10") in a set of drawers in a little stand next to my cutting table. My FQ'S are in a wooden cabinet with lots of cubbys.

I store mine in totes. When I cut up the fabric for a project I put the fabric and pattern in a large plastic bag so everything is together.

I store some of mine on shelves, started projects in the comforter bags with zippers, and I have alot of totes for everything else. I like using ziplock bags to keep smaller projects in and I usually end up storing them in a smaller bin so they are easy to find.

Blog Entries
    I have most of my fabric stash sorted by color (with a separate stack of kids prints and Xmas prints) in those hangling sweater and shoe bags in a closet. The bolts and larger pieces of several yards are on shelves or up-right on the corner of the closet and scraps are sorted by color in clear plastic bins with lids. No matter how you store it, periodically you should still un-fold and re-fold the fabrics as they will fade where the outside creases are over time. I found this out the hard way and have several pieces of fabric with faded stripes thru them!

All my fabric is sorted by color on shelves that DH put up for me on two walls of my sewing room. I have a plastic tote that I put labels on for particular projects.

I store mine in totes also.

i store mine in plastic totes out of the sunlight

RST
    Blog Entries
    I store my fabric in a dresser, sorted by color groups. I don't let myself buy more than what can fit into that dresser, so if I want something new, I either have to purge or produce.

RST

All of my fabric is stored in old lawyer's glass front bookcases. By collections, specific holiday types, batiks, tonals, childrens and any other category necessary. I also keep all my widebacks together. I can look and enjoy it all the time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast