Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric-Use-Phobia >

Fabric-Use-Phobia

Fabric-Use-Phobia

Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 PM

Default Fabric-Use-Phobia

I suffer from this! Anyone else?
I have great fabrics that I bought simply because I love them, without a project in mind, and now I can't bring myself to use them. I think 'If I use it, then I won't have this fabric anymore'. I find I do this more with my batik's than the other fabrics.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:31 PM

Oh my gosh.....you mean you do that too? Sometimes I think it is just the beauty of the colors stacked in my shelves, or the stacks of different types of fabrics....or the wonderful way you can spread the out and look at them.....but is that so bad????
Old 11-20-2012, 08:37 PM

I am a sufferer as well! Particularly with those beautiful batiks!! They are my addiction! Initially, they were all I had in my stash. But I found that I never made anything because they were way too beautiful and precious to cut or use! I'm getting better at filling my stash with regular fabric so I can make a thing or two-lol!!! Glad I am not alone in my turmoil!
Tanya
Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 PM

I suffer from the same ailment!!!! I think I am going to use my stash but it seems everytime I want to make a quilt I have to make a run to the fabric shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Bataplai View Post
I suffer from this! Anyone else?
I have great fabrics that I bought simply because I love them, without a project in mind, and now I can't bring myself to use them. I think 'If I use it, then I won't have this fabric anymore'. I find I do this more with my batik's than the other fabrics.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:03 PM

Oh yes. I suffer to some extent with this. How many times during the hour or more that I am on here just searching for new posts, does the thought cross my mind that I should be down cutting and sewing instead of up here looking for more to drool over and give my 2cents worth? More than I care to admit. The little guy on the one shoulder says "Stay. There is more to see." And the much bigger guy on the other shoulder says "Go get something done. But if you do, you will be disturbing all that neatly folded fabric that is tucked safely behind those cabinet doors. Leave it alone and go take it out and play with it later." Those fabrics don't want to be cut up. They are perfectly content right where they are. And so am I.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 PM

Are you my long-lost identical twin sister???
Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Power Poster

What a large family we have. One of these days I am just going to do it. (I think). Always feel there might be a better pattern for this beautiful fabric. In the meantime I'll just look at it. BrendaK
Old 11-21-2012, 03:15 AM

you are just a quilter like all the rest of us
Old 11-21-2012, 03:19 AM

I am a fabric addict as well. I have some beautiful fabrics that I've had for years that I can't bear to cut. I guess I'm a fabric collector as well as a quilter. I don't have any problem cutting most new fabric I buy.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:47 AM
Power Poster

start yourself a (swatch book) -- cut a 6" square from each fabric you love (*or 12") and bind them, or use ribbon, what ever to hold them together - i use a scrap book binder- and keep your lovely fabrics...then you can look through them, touch them, admire them when ever you want-- and use the yardage without fear of never having the fabric to admire again- you can also add 'notes' of the name/line, where it came from, the price...in case you want to go back & find somemore.