Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fairy Fabric Found >

Fairy Fabric Found

Fairy Fabric Found

Old 10-12-2010, 05:53 AM

Went to Savannah,GA 2 wks ago and found a Hancocks couldnt resist to go in. We do not have a fabric store in Tifton,Ga and Walmart got rid of fabric dept. do not shop there any more now go to Conyers,Valdosta for all, anyway I found my Tinkerbell and others fairies(5) fabric I've searched everywhere for 9 mos. Yea Yea! even my husband was thrilled. He said we can come back whenever I want (Its 3 Hrs away)but he fell in love with the City and oooold buildings.Its called Fairy Butterfly Toss now I can make my Grandbabys Quilt. Savannah is BEAUTIFUL.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:06 AM

I will need to find that fabric shop when I visit my daughter. She lives in Bainbridge and we went through Valdosta on our way to visit her. She only has WM to buy fabric locally.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:21 AM

Its on 10010 Abercorn Street which is the main road that takes you to River Street and Historic Area. Its so next because you have modern world with malls,Olive Garden and alot of resturants you do not have everywhere stores,stores galore and drive down a few miles and your in Historic Area and Victorian houses galore. We Loved it. My husband would love to move there he said you can never be bored. Beach,boat,eat and tour and ck out tourists.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

So happy you found your fabric!!
I loooove Savannah!! What a beautiful city.
We lived in Athens many years ago when my DH was
getting his Master's degree. Fell in love with Georgia
but quite a new experience for a very young me who grew
up in New York :)
Georgia is such a beautiful state!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:56 AM

There are sooo many beautiful places to visit. I like to roam and discover and so many peole just stay in ruts and are so bored. I was born and raised in Miami,Florida talk about culture shock a little Puerto Rican girl in S Georgia. "Hey Y'all "my family makes fun of me now. Grits,Biscuits n gravy,rice n tomatoes,scattered hash browns, OH MY! sorry no Bambi for me I gotta get my meat at Publix. Its been 15 yrs now. Cost of living is also alot less then sunny S Florida Taxes are crazy and housing.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

Yeah, taxes and cost of living are much lower where I am than New York!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

What a great day for you! Found fabric and sightseeing... a double header :D:D:D
Old 10-12-2010, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by mirtapr
Its on 10010 Abercorn Street which is the main road that takes you to River Street and Historic Area. Its so next because you have modern world with malls,Olive Garden and alot of resturants you do not have everywhere stores,stores galore and drive down a few miles and your in Historic Area and Victorian houses galore. We Loved it. My husband would love to move there he said you can never be bored. Beach,boat,eat and tour and ck out tourists.
We moved to Savannah 3 years ago from the DC area and we LOVE it. It's a tourist city but it's also small town, if you know what I mean. Plenty to do, light traffic (well, lighter than we were used to in DC!), cheap parking, good food, no snow(!!!). The "small town" aspect of it is that almost every time we go anywhere, we see someone we know.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:32 PM
np3
Power Poster

Good for you!