Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fall projects?

Fall projects?

Don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy being a season ahead in my sewing. I just pieced a pumpkin and leaf wall quilt this week. Anything with oranges and pumpkins is right up my alley. Who else is starting to use the gorgeous fall fabrics?

QM
    I have almost finished my Christmas quilts. In the fall, I generally work on charity quilts. I just finished one quilt in autumn fabrics. My DH is hinting that I should do another for our wall.

I have lots of projects that I've bought fabric for that are for my house for the fall, however, I bought some of the fabric a couple years ago and it's still in my craft room waiting to be started! Lol. I want to make some Santa placemats and some snowman placemats and there's also a pumpkin placemat I really want to find the time to sew. I did make a leaf bowl the other day. So, I guess that counts as one fall project completed.

I am finishing up a wall hanging for Halloween right now. But i still have four more i need to work on.
    Fall is my very favorite time of the year.
    Last edited by StitchnFind; 07-01-2012 at 01:47 PM.

I too am typically a season or two ahead of a season. Fall colors always appeal to me so I find myself always either working on fall or buying for fall quilts.

This is the first year I've been able to work on any seasonal projects. I finished a Halloween Wall-hanging recently & one of my grandchildren spoke right up for it, so it'll be hers. I'm putting cornerstones on a toddler quilt today, doing a Craftsy class, making a mariner's compass with a paper piecing club, and am waiting for fabric to start a Jinny Beyer quilt for my DH ("Moon Glow"). I am having so much fun I have to keep pinching myself!! LOL! :-)
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

I just received a fall table runner kit I ordered from Connecting Threads. Haven't started it yet tho.
    I don't want to brag but I can still fit into the earrings I wore in high school.

Blog Entries
    i just finished a lap quilt as a thank you for some friends...ok, i finished the top. not the whole thing ....

it's pretty fall'ish:

I've been drooling over the new Maple Skies?) line of fabrics - thinking of getting at least a couple of charm packs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GagaSmith View Post
    I just received a fall table runner kit I ordered from Connecting Threads. Haven't started it yet tho.

It's beautiful. Love the colors and your Quilt Inspector checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by twoxover View Post
    i just finished a lap quilt as a thank you for some friends...ok, i finished the top. not the whole thing ....

it's pretty fall'ish:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast