Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt >

Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt

Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt

Old 03-24-2016, 03:56 PM

Hello Homespun! There is a Facebook page called "Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew-along" hosted by Angie Wilson of Gnome Angel in Australia. Marti Michell is also part of this group she provides instructions on how to sew the blocks using her templates. When this site first started they released 2 blocks a week with different people doing tutorials on how to construct the blocks now it is down to 1 block a week. Try to join this FB page. I think by joining this group it will really help you with piecing the blocks. Hope this helps.

Anita
Old 03-24-2016, 04:06 PM

OH! I will look at my CD again...
Old 03-24-2016, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

I always thought that Farmer's Wife was many different blocks. Can you not just pick a bunch of blocks that you know the sizes so that you do not have to do all that printing?
Old 03-24-2016, 05:31 PM

There are 3 Farmer's Wife books,,, the first one is The Sampler the second one is the Pony Club Sampler and the 3rd one is The Farmers Wife 30's Sampler..
The book Homespun is referring to is the First one which only had the templates..a member of the yahoo group with Laurie's permission created the paper piecing foundations for the people that joined that group..The next two books had a cd with the paper piecing & rotary cutting on it..The first one had neither.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:05 AM

FYI, compare the size of the blocks after you print them. One of the papers I used for Love Letters was not consistent in size, actually all were just a little bigger but not even consistent in size then. I tried another brand and it worked fine. I think my printer had a problem with the first paper, which was a well known brand name.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by EvelynAnita View Post
Hello Homespun! There is a Facebook page called "Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt Sew-along" hosted by Angie Wilson of Gnome Angel in Australia. Marti Michell is also part of this group she provides instructions on how to sew the blocks using her templates. When this site first started they released 2 blocks a week with different people doing tutorials on how to construct the blocks now it is down to 1 block a week. Try to join this FB page. I think by joining this group it will really help you with piecing the blocks. Hope this helps.

Anita
Thanks, I will try this.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:16 AM

I have the book and CD but have not had the chance to take a good look at it. Thanks for the information posted here.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:48 AM

There is a social media site that is working on them and posting tips/tricks. They also discuss how to change things up. I have the book, too and have wanted to start on it for a while. It will be a next winter project for sure. Too much going on with gardening, chickens, etc. to get into it right now.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:58 PM
rtm

See Marti Michell's part of the Quilt Along for the third book at http://www.frommarti.com/1930s_Farmers_Wife_QAL.shtml.
The second book got very little distribution. There is similar information available for the first book.