Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: fat quarter "grab bag"

Yes, especially if the price is right, and if I have a good idea of the brands that are included and/or a positive previous experience with that particular company. I've been happy with the vast majority of "grab bags" I've bought in the past.

They come in handy for scrappy quilts, and also for swaps like the Boomerang swaps where one FQ is plenty to complete a swap block.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here.

Blog Entries
    Only if I really needed (which I don't) the extra fabric and wasn't picky about what I got.
    Joyce

Yes, I buy the stash builder boxes of fat quarters on e-bay when the prices are right! Of course I take the price, add shipping & divide by the # of fat qtrs in the box to be sure it's a good price & always check the dealers out first. I've gotten some beautiful fabrics that way! Sometimes they're just what I need to make my project pop! Good luck!
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

I absolutely would - I love fat quarters

No .. its been my experience that what ends up in the grab bags is fabric that no one wanted ... for a long time at low prices. So they cut it up into fat 1/4 's . Some times there are some OK fabrics .. but my experience there are more duds than jems.

I've done it before. It's a good way to get a variety of different fabrics.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Shoot yes! I'd run those babies through my Go dies and have pre cut strips, squares, triangles and hst's. Toss in a few neutral colors and I have a scrap quilt kitted up in no time. I buy the 100 fat quarters from Keepsakes too. That is the bargain of the year. No two alike and excellent quality. I bundle them five to a bundle and they make great gifts through out the year for guild and sew buddies for $5 a bundle and I keep my favorite ones.
    Got fabric?

The price better be very right. I do buy large scraps etc. if they are packed in clear bags. I do not like those bag that you can't see what is in it. By the way I love FQ and scraps. Most of my stash consists of that. I would also make sure it is the right quality.
    Anna Quilts

Yes I love fat quarters. They are such fun

Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
    Would you buy a grab bag of fat quarters if the price was right?
    Certainly! But my "price is right" and someone else's are two different things. I'd take 10+ FQ for $5.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast