Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: fat quarter "grab bag"

I would want to be able to pick what I was buying, not just get "whatever" would be in a grab bag.

Quote Originally Posted by craftyheart2 View Post
    Yes, because I am into scrappy and this is a good way to get variety. In scrappy quilts it is often the oddball fabrics that add a sparkle.
    Yes, I do scrappy too and love the variety I get with fat quarters. By the way my husband and sons love the name of "fat quarters".

Quote Originally Posted by susiequilt View Post
    I did that, 24 fat quarters $1 each quality fabric. Requested go together fabrics. Yes, they go together but they are so drab and dark! The whole line. I know why they were left over!
    I'm still irritated and trying to figure out how to use them!
    I wouldn't do it again.
    Susan, hang unto those dark, drabs. Others have said that some of their grab bag fat quarters have made their quilts "pop". But sometimes you need the darks to make the other fabrics pop. They would make good sashings, backgrounds or bindings, too.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Yes, if the price is right

Yes I would. I like scrappy quilts. Like others you get fabric you might not buy regularly. It makes us "think outside the box" as they say.

I would too, if it's good cotton fabric. However, as mentioned above, my right price is probably a lot lower than a lot of others'. Since we all know these are most likely not the fabrics of choice, I would think .30 -.40 per FQ would be the price for me, or less. No way I'd pay $1.00 each in a grab bag, when I can buy yardage at that price.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Yes, I would.

It depends. I do buy fat quarter grab bags on Whittle's Fabrics' site - the shirtings, the cheddar and poison.

If the grab bag was themed appropriately, yes "I Spy" or "Canning Jars" or "Plaids/Homespuns" or "Civil War" or "1930's" or "Purple/green florals" or "Autumn Leaves" or something like that, then yes, I would buy them. Or if it's a mixed bag of Thimbleberries or Kansas Troubles lines or Robyn Pandolph lines or Debbie Mumm or Mary Engelbreit.

Yes, I love the "art of surprise". Scrappy person myself...... have throw together some real "doosies". Quilts came out great. Of course, in this day and time - price counts.

I would I love surprises. And if it were fabrics I wouldn't normally pick out I would be open to expanding my horizon and take on the challenge of working with them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast