Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Quarters Question

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I like to have to have a stash so i buy yardage.. I dont ever use fat quarters anymore... I never had 'enough' fabric for what i wanted in the fq....

I love fat quarters but they generally cost more than just buying a yard of fabric and cutting it myself. But I do have quite a collection of them anyway.
    Heather

When I was new to quilting, buying fat quarters was a great way to build a stash fast. I still love fat quarters! I wouldn't trade my fat quarter stash for anything in the world. Now that my FQ stash has reached critical mass I tend to buy yardage. If I like it I buy 1 yd. If I love it I buy 2 or more yards.

I usually buy fabric by the yard, but on occasion have purchased fq when on sale.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

I love fat quarters. Then you can get a variety without breaking the bank. They are great for appliqué and scrappy quilts. If it's something that I really love I buy several.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    I like buying and using fat quarters. But, I also like buying and using layer cakes, jelly rolls and yardage. I like having the option of a quick fq or other precut quilt. I also like the having the yardage for other quilts, borders and backing.
    I like the MQC and have purchased from them several times. I also like their tutorials and have made several quilts using them.
    Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    For me it's better to buy yardage than fat quarters-it's usually the most cost effective.
    Quilting in the Desert

Power Poster
    I am trying to sew from my stash with extra yardage purchased if needed. If I find a fabric that I love, I buy a fat quarter and try to get one with the selvage. That way I have the information to find it if I want more. This satisfies my material craving and keeps the fabric budget low. (I don't really need any more fabric)

I buy from MSQC all the time......I loveee them......I buy FQ's....jelly rolls.....layer cakes....etc.....Their service is great and the fabric is great......I loveee buying them because they are co-orderinated....I have my stash of by the yard also that I get at various places when on sale.....have you signed up for getting their daily, deal of the day....thats where you really save a lot of money......Happy Sewing !!!!!
    Buzzy Bee

Most of the LQS's I go to don't charge extra to cut FQ's.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast