Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fat Quarters

I always wonder how to purchase Fat Quarters, or Jelly Rolls. Do you buy a few to match or do you just pick up one or two bundles and hope you can use them somewhere in you quilting in the future. I always feel I should have a pattern already to determine colour and # of bundles. HELP!

I don't purchase fat quarters often. Only if I need a small amount of a specific color for a specific project, or if I need a few fat quarters to put in a gift or something like that. Ordinarily, if I see fabric I like, I know I am going to need more than a fat quarter. I usually buy one or two yards.

I usually just purchase FQ's that are the types of fabrics I usually like - like Civil War repro's, with the intention of using them in future scrappy projects.

I have only bought one bundle of FQ's for a scrappy quilt. It was nice because the colors looked great together. I have only bought one Jelly roll and that was also with a very specific project. The rest of my fabric is by the yard. My hubby is cute because he says he loves the fat quaters because they look so neat and tidy on my shelvs!!!

Blog Entries
    It's worth it to buy 1/4 yard.Check it out next time.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I buy FQ bundles, etc by how much they jump out at me - I don't have a project in mind. I know they cost more but they are so pretty! :D

Blog Entries
    Fat quarters and yardage to match for borders. Love them!!

I always buy fat quarters for the project I have in mind. More the merrier! I have a good stash but always need something else to go with it!