Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Fusible

Banned
    Hi everyone, I was wondering what everyones favorite fusible. I have used most kinds but I haven't found one I like to use all the time. I use to use steam a seam alot but it seems stiff. Now I use heat n bond lite but it seems like sometimes when I am stitching the fabric isn't fused down good. But with this one at least the fabric stays less stiff. Has anyone found a better one? :)

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by thequiltmama
    Hi everyone, I was wondering what everyones favorite fusible. I have used most kinds but I haven't found one I like to use all the time. I use to use steam a seam alot but it seems stiff. Now I use heat n bond lite but it seems like sometimes when I am stitching the fabric isn't fused down good. But with this one at least the fabric stays less stiff. Has anyone found a better one? :)
    Have you tried steam a seam lite 2?? It is much softer, but a great tip is to actually cut out the centre of the fusible on any piece that is large enough, leaving only a 1/4" border of fusible. This lessens the stiffness a lot! Plus if you are careful you can re-use what you cut out for smaller appliques!

:thumbup:

I use heat n bond lite - and I use a lot of it. Usually it doesn't stick well if it is heated too long, or that is what I have found when it happens to me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by thequiltmama
    Have you tried steam a seam lite 2?? It is much softer, but a great tip is to actually cut out the centre of the fusible on any piece that is large enough, leaving only a 1/4" border of fusible. This lessens the stiffness a lot! Plus if you are careful you can re-use what you cut out for smaller appliques!

:thumbup:
    ditto!

i've had good luck with 'wonder-under' that's been around for many many years. also misty fuse is a very soft fusable.

Banned
    Wonder Under #805! I use tons of it. ;-)

Banned
    I have never heard of the last 2 ideas. :) I will look into that.

Blog Entries
    I love Shades Soft Fuse. Not as well known as some of the other products - but much better in my opinion. Very light weight yet adheres well. Not affiliated with them in any way, just very pleased with this product.
    http://www.shadestextiles.com/produc.../softfuse.html

wonder under and lite heat bond...I just started cutting out the center and it makes the world of difference...

I like the Heat and Bond lite!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast