Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite New Little Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer View Post
    How many do you need? I bought one package of 10, but I haven't used them yet.
    To say it again: I attended a class on bindings and the teacher showed us the wonder clips. She said "you only need 1, so buy a pack of 10 and share with 9 friends." Well, I use 2 and have shared with less than 4 friends.

I put 1 clip at about 1/2 the way on a side of the quilt and the other clip about 10-12" from where I am at the time. They move as I go.
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

I now glue baste all binding, no more clips or pins.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

Banned
    I've never heard of these. They look great but as someone said, clothespins work just as well and I have a whole bag of those!

Love these little clips also. I've got a few packages. I got them at JoAnn's when they have 50% off quilting notions. The Michaels by me also has been carrying them and I used a 40% to buy a package. I gave them to my quilting buddies at retreat and they went crazy over them.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    I use the silver hair clips. Lots cheaper! And I have enough to go around a king size quilt.

http://www.craftembellishmentworld.c...ap-Clip/Detail
    I have to ask- How are the wonder clips different from the above or plastic clothespins? Just curious ???

I love my wonderclips!!!

I bought a box of 50 and use all of them - I stick them on, sew to the end and then repeat - they do go a long way. I think you could work your way around with just 2 though. I suppose clothespins would work; however, what REALLY impresses me about these are how they are the exact right size and shape for holding down that binding. They are also not nearly as big as clothespins so probably easier to handle. I got them on sale and I think this is one thing that was well worth the money! I have lots of quilt gadgets in drawers that I'll probably never use. This is one purchase I would repeat!
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

I think the wonder clips are just easier to open and close. The silver hair clips are more awkward to me and take more time to put on. Everyone has their own preferences That's what makes the quilt world go 'round!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    I have to ask- How are the wonder clips different from the above or plastic clothespins? Just curious ???
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by IQ2 View Post
    OMG! I can't believe you wrote this today. I was just about to go on line to find and order them. I just finished binding a table runner and can't tell you how many band-aid dots I had to put on my fingers to keep from bleeding all over the white/cream fabrics from all of the pin pricks. (especially this winter--my skin is so brittle from the cold and fabric finishing it cracks if you just look at it) Thank you so much...I'm going to order them right now.
    I really think you'll love them!! Happy Quilting!!
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gladys View Post
    Good question. The Wonder clips lay flat and has a lot more grip than a clothespin.
    Just my humble opinion.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast