Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Feather weight question

Does a feather weight have only one speed? I'm used to variable speeds, and it seems that FW only goes fast. Can it run slower? Do I have a lead foot. Seems as if foot control is noy the original. Please educate me. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    You should be able to lightly press the foot control and take one stitch at a time...it needs adjusted, but I don't know how to tell you to do it! Post in the Vintage Machines thread and someone there will be able to tho! :)

I have a FW, but replaced the original foot controler from www.221parts.com/# for about $18.95. I can regulate the speed with that, but never used the original, because of a bare wire exposed.

Blog Entries
    Depends on how lead footed you are. mine can go slower or faster depending on what I am sewing. if I need to be very careful, just lightly put your foot on the control box.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amyjo
    Depends on how lead footed you are. mine can go slower or faster depending on what I am sewing. if I need to be very careful, just lightly put your foot on the control box.
    Same here- be careful! Don't want you to get a speeding ticket :mrgreen:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyjo
    Same here- be careful! Don't want you to get a speeding ticket :mrgreen:
    Take the controller and flip it over, you will see 4 screws where the rubber feet are take those out. Separate the pedal and you will see the controller is inside the housing (big ceramic thing) take it out and clean the contacts and put it back in and it will work like it should provided the thing isnt burned up in places. It sounds like the old dust in the contact issue and is really easy to fix.

Billy