Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Featherweight Case

I am the proud owner of a White Featherweight. I am looking for the nice turquoise case. When mine waas shipped to me the case was damaged on the front by the latch and DH says it isn't capable of being carried by the handle. Therfore I am looking for a replacement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter41
    I am the proud owner of a White Featherweight. I am looking for the nice turquoise case. When mine waas shipped to me the case was damaged on the front by the latch and DH says it isn't capable of being carried by the handle. Therfore I am looking for a replacement.
    I just saw these today: http://www.featherweight221.com/fwrx.../patterns.html

If you still have your case you could maybe make one for it so you can still use your case & be able to carry it.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I would check Ebay. Congratulations on getting a white one!!
    Woo hoo!!!!!!!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    I just saw these today: http://www.featherweight221.com/fwrx.../patterns.html

If you still have your case you could maybe make one for it so you can still use your case & be able to carry it.
    I just met this man at a Quilt Show last weekend and he's a wonderful source for your featherweights. I'm hoping to take a class about your machine from him next month. He might have what you want.

Actually there is one for sale on ebay...I think it was up to 29.00 last I looked

I was just on Ebay and didn't see it. Can you give me the # Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    Actually there is one for sale on ebay...I think it was up to 29.00 last I looked

Mine had the same problem when I bought it on Ebay. Was able to order a pair of locks from aprils1930s.com for $12.00. Was easy to install .

Wish mine was that easy. The wood split and is bowed out. DH said if he pushes it back it will split farther. Yes I did buy it on Ebay and it was shipped from CA and very poorly packed. He, of course could have cared less that it came damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy
    Mine had the same problem when I bought it on Ebay. Was able to order a pair of locks from aprils1930s.com for $12.00. Was easy to install .