Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A Feature I Wish this Board Had >

A Feature I Wish this Board Had

A Feature I Wish this Board Had

Old 04-13-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dingle
I wish we were able to bring up a larger picture of members avatars. Sometimes when members change their avatars to a quilt they have just completed I would like to see a larger picture. Not everyone posts a picture of their avatar. Some quilts I can make out, others not so much. What's your thoughts?
Why don't you just PM the person and ask them to post a pic of their avatar. Most would do that, I would.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
If you place your cursor on the picture, push control + it will get larger each time you push the + sign. Then control - to go back to normal.
Sadiemae,

Thanx for that tip!! We even learn non-quilting things here everyday!! What a great place.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs B
Do you have a mouse with a little wheel on it? Put your curser on the picture, hold down the Control button and move that little wheel towards you. The picture will get larger!!! then just move the wheel the other way to make the picture bigger. Try it out.
Thanx Mrs B. . . another helpful tip!!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
all things considered, i don't think this is the time to start asking for new bells and whistles. :lol:
:thumbup:
lol... Especially when 'glitches' happen and poor Patrice gets bombarded with PM's when things don't go smoothly.. lol..

Id like a 'button' to remove ad's but then again I know I wont like a membership fee just to be able to be here either!!! So i'll stick with free thank you very much.. lol..

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
yes ... i must confess. sometimes, lately, i get a case of the shakes before i open my message page. :lol:

the "Unread Topics" link inspires a bit of panic and dread. :lol:

but the truth is that 99.99575% of our members have approached the situation with maturity, common sense, grace and humor. most of you have provided detailed, useful information in a helpful tone of "voice".

every community has its cranks, hotheads, and battleaxes. every family reunion is blessed with a visit from the crazy branches of the family tree. ours is no different. when it comes to the few who insist on throwing screaming fits and temper tantrums ... well ... what else can you do but give them a piece of cake and pretend they are from "the other side of the family". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Janquiltz
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
If you place your cursor on the picture, push control + it will get larger each time you push the + sign. Then control - to go back to normal.
Also, on my computer (running Microsoft 2007 & using Windows Internet Explorer) on the bottom right hand corner of my screen there is a # % with a down arrow. My default is 100%, but you can change that to a higher % and get larger type and pictures and then can change it back to your default when done.
Still yet another new discovery for me!! Thanx so much!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:53 AM

Wonderful idea - I have to squint to see some of the avatars.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
all things considered, i don't think this is the time to start asking for new bells and whistles. :lol:

soooooo i'm tickled pink that so many members have told us about such a variety of simple tricks we can use to see the avatars in a more convenient size. :thumbup:
Yes, Patrice. . . . you are right!! It seems easier to learn from others knowledge rather than just reading instructions from a manual. . maybe we need a separate topic for computer tips to aid in getting around the board more effectively. . . it might even cut down on complaints about things that can't be changed, but instead can just give a little assistance to those of us who aren't so computer literate. It certainly would be quilt related if we are using the tips to explore more on this wonderful board. THANX SO MUCH FOR MAKING THINGS BETTER AS FAST AS YOU CAN!! iT's so great here!! Brenda
Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM

I just right clicked on your doggie (dingle)copied the page to a Word Document, then by pulling the corners I made the picture as large as the page would allow.

I do this with avatar quilts I really like. I have quite a collection now.