Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Feed sack fabrics

Feed sack fabrics

Can anyone tell me if there is still a demand for old (1930-1955 or thereabout) feed bag fabric?
    All pieces have been opened, washed, starched and ironed. Dimensions are approx. 36x38, beautiful
    old patterns. I am new to quilting myself, and I don't have much knowledge about such things..

Blog Entries
    You could put up photos here, or hold onto them a bit longer...then you. Ight want them for yourself to make a quilt.

There is quite a demand for those types of fabrics at this time.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

do you have a local guild? or check the local quilt shop & see if they have any people locally who would be interested- there is still alot of people who search for & use vintage feedsack fabrics...i think you need to check the *rules* about offering them here on the board before doing any (advertising) if you are hoping to sell them.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I'd be keeping those awhile. You might regret getting rid of them and find them difficult and expensive lto replace later.

I think you will regret selling them. As you get more experience quilting you may want to make a quilt with them.

I was recently in the Amana Colonies and one of the stores had a small stack of feed sack fabrics - each slightly less than a full yard ... and they wanted $20.00 for each piece.

I walked!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue