Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Feedback on Sapphire 835 >

Feedback on Sapphire 835

Feedback on Sapphire 835

Old 11-06-2012, 01:13 PM

I have the Quilt Designer II (about 7 or 8 yrs-time flies) that has the automatic thread cutter and I love it! It also has the "fix" button that essentially ties a knot just before it cuts the threads. My very good friend has the Sapphire that you are looking at and uses her auto thread cutter as well. The best part though is the sensor foot-I'm not sure I could sew without it!!!!! well, wouldn't like it......
Old 11-06-2012, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sauki1 View Post
I have an 875 that I've had for about 2 years. I purchased mine on Ebay. Two things I don't like about my machine are 1: when I sew, the bobbin thread jams when the top thread slips out of the "hook" at the top. It does it fairly regularly and is quite frustrating. The other is that because I purchased it online, I have no way of servicing it. My only way of doing this is to mail my machine to Husqvarna. Just an FYI in case you're looking online.
I also have this model and had the same issue, but when I spoke to the salesman that I bought it from she told me that when threading my machine if I go from the left of the hook then thread it down the right side it makes a little loop. Since I have done that, I have had no more issues with the bobbin thread jamming. Hope that helps.

As far as the scissors, I use mine all the time. I had a hard time deciding if it was worth it, so my husband bought the 875 since that was the one that they had in stock and I wouldnt have to wait. I really like my machine and knew I would use the scissors alot as the machine I had before had that and I really like that feature. It would all depend on if it is worth it to you and how often you would use it.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:11 AM

Can't you still take it to a local dealer or any sewing machine place for service? It should matter how you came by it--what would we do if say for example some loved one from out of state passed away and we would inherit their machine? or bought on a local household auction? a local sewing place or viking dealer should still fix it. no warranty but fix it-yes! I sure would hope so; heck try it........ good luck.
Originally Posted by Sauki1 View Post
I have an 875 that I've had for about 2 years. I purchased mine on Ebay. Two things I don't like about my machine are 1: when I sew, the bobbin thread jams when the top thread slips out of the "hook" at the top. It does it fairly regularly and is quite frustrating. The other is that because I purchased it online, I have no way of servicing it. My only way of doing this is to mail my machine to Husqvarna. Just an FYI in case you're looking online.