Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: feeling guilty

As some of you already know I am a very newbie. Maybe 3 months since I started. I already have 4 wip's or ufo's however we want to call them.
    I know we all do it, but... How do you get over the guilty feeling of projects going unfinished?? LOL
    David

Blog Entries
    Ummm...., hide them where I can't see them?

Blog Entries
    I know that I will eventually get them out and finish them. If a project frustrates me, or if I am unsure of what to do next with it, I would rather let it sit for a while than hurry through it and be unhappy with the end result :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    It's not in my nature to enjoy my projects if I have too many going at once so I stick to only a few projects at a time and always finish one before starting any more. It may not be typical, but it works for me :)

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    Ummm...., hide them where I can't see them?
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: very funny!

Blog Entries
    go buy more fabrics, so you can start more projects and will help you build up your stash of fabrics

I know I will eventually get back to them, or if I come across one and wonder "what was I thinking?" I can find a good home for them. I generally am working on about 4 or 5 projects at a time.

Blog Entries
    I take them out to the shop. "Then I have so much to do that I just don't get to them. :lol: :lol: That my story and I am sticking to it. :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Actually, I don't feel guilty at all about my UFO's. They've saved me a time or two. My daughter's school just hosted a fundraising dance. Weeks ago I was asked to donate a quilt for one of the door prizes. I forgot to put in on my calendar and with less than a week before the dance my daughter asked how the quilt was coming along. It would have been panic time if I hadn't had a few UFO's sitting in my quilt room. I just went, chose a nice unfinished top and set to quilting it. So I see them as future opportunities to get me out of hot water! :mrgreen:

I'm one of the odd ones as I finish every quilt before I start another. I did try once to have a few UFO's and it drove me nuts. I'd even dream about them. Many of my friends have untold numbers of UFO's and it doesn't bother them one bit. They just keep going and going until they feel like finishing them. Each of us does things our own way and nothing is right or wrong for anyone. It's the joy in quilting and process and we each choose the process that works best for ourselves.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast