Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feeling rather pleased with myself!

I asked dh a couple of weeks ago to clean the brushes in my Rocketeer. It was louder than I thought it should be. He never got around to it and is now out of town for work for a bit. Well today I decided to tackle it myself! I had instructions with pictures on how to do it. It was NASTY! The brushes (why do they call them brushes when they look like springs?) were completely black. I used a ton of qtips and two rags cleaning it. Then came the fun of putting it back together. Thank goodness for those pictures!! But I finally got it back together and running. Its still a little noisy but much better and seems to have more power than before. So I'm feeling rather pleased with myself! I figured I didn't have anything to loose...either I would get it done and be proud of myself for doing it or totally mess it up and have to wait on dh to fix it! Now maybe tonight I can sit down and work on some blocks!

Blog Entries
    Way to go!!!!!:)

You deserve a big pat on the back!!!!!

Good for you! I need to do the same!

Blog Entries
    One minor thing missing...did you remember to oil it? Not just any old oil, but whatever is recommended for your machine.

Excellent - we never give ourselves credit for being able to do this stuff until we have to. Just think - next time you will just do it and not have to wait for the DH!!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Most of the time if I can do it myself I will. By the time he does and I tell him how, my nerves are shot. LOL. Good job Ginnie6. Now see how long it takes himto remember. :):)

Sometimes I think that to be a true quilter you should also be a mechanic. I love tinkering with things, but have learned it is better not to. My son called it correctly when, at 15 yrs old, he stated, "Mom you are mechanically de-clined!" Still LOL (+25 yrs later)!

I clean and oil all my machines regularly -- tuneups and repair - they go to the shop for professional service!

yep! she's oiled and greased!

Blog Entries
    Good for you ! I'm always scared I'll mess it up! Took me awhile to take the bobbin apart to clean! Lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast