Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
feeling sad that it is all gone >

feeling sad that it is all gone

feeling sad that it is all gone

Old 10-14-2012, 10:13 AM

I agree with Deborahlees. Go shopping and try to find something to replace your favorite fabric.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by nannyrick.com View Post
I agree with Deborahlees. Go shopping and try to find something to replace your favorite fabric.
I could be persuaded...

(Already I feel the gloom lifting!)

Alison
Old 10-14-2012, 01:51 PM

Retail therapy for the win! lol
Old 10-14-2012, 02:05 PM

Yes, I have a favorite batik I bought when I had just started quilting. Oh, if I could only go back in time. You see, even though I loved it, I only bought 1 yard. Oh well, live and learn. Now I buy buy three yards if I really love a fabric. I don't know if I will ever cut it to use it. I have a pattern for a small quilt that I use to make table toppers. The middle square is a fat quarter, which is then bordered by 5 inch squares with a border around those. Maybe I will use the fabric as the middle fabric fat quarter. I bought it because it reminded me of a pond with pink water lillies in sunlight and shade. Once, when I was selling my fabric because I wasn't going to quilt anymore (yeah, what WAS I thinking), I just could not bear to put the fabric in my sale. I am so glad I hung on to it!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:27 PM

I found some super cute dinosaur fabric about a year ago. Since at the time all I knew how to make were little baby blankets I only bought a yard of it and a matching fabric. Now that I am getting more adventurous in my sewing I am kicking myself for not buying more yardage. Every once and awhile I'll find the matching fabric on eBay but none of the one I fell in love with. So I am hoarding it, at least until I can figure out what to do with it without regretting it.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:16 PM

It is hard, no doubt. But like songs, movies, perfumes, etc. there might just be that new all-time favorite out there just waiting for you around the corner. Don't be afraid to go out there and find it. Good luck, and make it a journey. :-)
Old 10-20-2012, 05:12 PM

I just recently moved from Washington state to West Kentucky and had to get rid of all my fabric before I moved because we didn't have room for it in the moving van. So my fabric stash consists of exactly what I'm using to make the quilt I'm working on Very sad. Hopefully I'll be able to start investing in a new stash soon
Old 10-20-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by kentuckyred View Post
I just recently moved from Washington state to West Kentucky and had to get rid of all my fabric before I moved because we didn't have room for it in the moving van. So my fabric stash consists of exactly what I'm using to make the quilt I'm working on Very sad. Hopefully I'll be able to start investing in a new stash soon
Oh, that is sad! I hope your new stash will be rich and full and satisfying, as you build it over time. Could you bring any of your favorite pieces with you? Does your new home have a nice big sewing room you can fill with lovely fabrics?

And welcome to the Board from North Carolina!!

Alison
Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Power Poster

yes I do! I bought a yard and a half of this fabric when I was still a wee infant to the quilt world (skill wise).
I was so enamored of it, the colors are a gorgeous blend of orchid and white with greens and fuschia flowers.
It wasn't until much later at home that I realized it is not a pure cotton fabric.
It is 60" wide, but I sure wish I had bought more than 54 inches.
I can think of things to make with it, but it would get all dirty and worn and it wouldn't be beautiful like it is now...so I just keep it and daydream.
It is my all time favorite...with several others close behind, but never quite catching up
Old 11-15-2012, 09:41 PM

I wish all you above members would have posted a picture of your favorite fabric. You never know which of us might have it in our stash and would be happy to part with it to make another quilter happy.